cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xecution
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Decided I'd chime in and add to the thread as I just experienced a very similar issue, however my phone (33 days old Galaxy S8 non edge fully stock locked and unmodded) got stuck on the T-Mobile logo.

Phone went a little over a week since the last restart. Got the nice little notice about restarting it and decided to swipe it away and wait til later. In that time there was no update, I didn't install any apps because I only like a select few apps and only play 2 games (hackers and darts 2), I did however do an optimization through the device maintenance options, and I did notice that the past few days "Ok Google" wasn't working at all and I did confirm the settings were enabled a few days prior to this issue but figured I needed a reboot to get it working.

Pressed the power button once, hit reset, and then it got stuck on the tmob logo longer than usual. I waited about 5 mins and hard booted (power + voldown) same result. Waited to see if it would come around longer, no dice, no bootloop, no vibration, no response to hard keys. Attempted several times before trying to boot into recovery...

Went to access recovery mode (first time ever) Got to the downloading screen, got stuck their, unable to access recovery mode. Tried this multiple times, let it sit for a long time in downloading mode. Can't wipe cache, can't factory reset. 

Went to tmob store, they put in a warrant claim. Still have device which I am unable to power off, its super hot from sitting on the tmob bright white logo, and I have to wait til they send me a replacement.

Not happy here, especially knowing I'm also losing my private data and will have to send my phone back knowing I can't factory wipe it.

Edit: While in download mode it states that the RPMD fuse is blown. Not sure if this is normal. Posted screen shot and my awesome finger over my DID number.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a bit of reading, and from what I saw, the RPMB Fuse is supposedly always displayed as being blown. There was a lot of speculation surrounding this, but they believe it's tripped in order to prevent using the board itself in another device, or to prevent downgrading of any kind.

I'm not 100% sure on this, it's just what I was reading on another thread in relation to that, but they state it being tripped didn't actually mean something was damaged on the board itself and would prevent any sort of boot-up. Has the phone itself not completely drained its battery yet? I was curious what would happen once completely dead, then charged, and attempted to power back on. If you already did this though, just let me know with a quick update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Xecution
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I rebooted it with near a full charge and I left it face down and away from anything it could potentially burn if caught fire (one could only assume due to last year's release of the Galaxy S Napalm) as it was running very hot and my other concern was burning the image into the screen, but thankfully it didn't combust however it took hours for it to drain and die.

This morning it was finally off, but I wasn't able to get it back on the charger prior to leaving for work. I'll plug it in, let it charge back up, and see if it boots. In my experience, I've never had a phone that i wasn't able 1. Power it off manually one way or another 2. Access the recovery menu in attempt to wipe it/flash it/etc.

I tried to plug it into my PC to see if I could get it to recognize and make it accessible, but no luck in either mode (booting logo, downloading mode)

Will post my an update later this evening.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look forward to reading back about the update. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Xecution
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let battery fully drain, recharged in the off position, same result. Won't go past the T-Mobile logo screen. *long sigh*

I know this issue seems sorta rare, but I have a feeling in the coming months it will become more and more frequent because I've never seen an issue with a phone that "does respond to a certain degree aka not bricked" act completely bricked.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As rare as it may be, it's still a bit unfortunate. It very well could have just been a bad case of luck in timing. Have you reached out to your carrier yet, or to our Support Team about possibly setting up something to have this looked at. You should be able to get a repair going with no problem given the circumstance of the device and how new it is.

Xecution
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I filed a warranty claim hours after it crapping out. Just got my replacement. Unfortunately, data loss but it is what it is.

Thanks for the support.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome. Really sorry about the data loss..that's never fun. Should you find yourself running into more problems in the future, don't hesitate to reach out again!

user0PEyAP8iEB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hold down volume down + bixby + power button until Galaxy S8 displays, then switch to volume UP + bixby + power button. It'll say installing update and in about 30 secs it will go into recovery where you can power down the phone, wipe cache, etc. Having the same issue but before I return to tmobile I'm going to try and install a stock rom using Odin by using the install update command in recovery.

userTU8ET329lH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This helped, thank you!!!! You made me a hero too my wife, was able to normal boot and went back