cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: August security patch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. We would recommend a service repair as the next step. Could you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message

user1VocDUOrBT
Constellation

Re: August security patch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Thank you for that information. We would recommend a service repair as the next step. Could you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message

Hi

userpYmU6aSn1y
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same issue with my S8+.  My phone updated last night.  When it restarts, it stalls at the AT&T logo.  I have tried all suggestions on this site.  I visited what was a big AT&T service center but told they no longer offer this service and recommended I call Samsung.   Samsung sent me to an authorized repair shop for a free diagnostic check.  They tried everything to include factory reset.  I was referred back to Samsung.  I have to ship my phone to them for repair.  I will be without a phone for the next 14-20 days.  Smiley Sad

userpYmU6aSn1y
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really????  I'm being emailed repair estimates to fix something that wasn't my fault!!!  I was told this would be repaired for free.  They sent me 2 estimates today - one for $71 and an updated one for $216.   I would never have sent my phone in if I was going to be charged.   I've been on hold waiting for a rep for over 25 minutes.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpYmU6aSn1y Will you please send a PM with your ticket number so I can look into this? http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

userTd3HKUwhIx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My Galaxy S8 has exactly the same issue mentioned by OP. I've called Samsung and they suggested I take it into a repair store, where I was charged $50 for diagnostics and told that the actual fix which is a "motherboard" issue will cost upwards of $400. I've scoured this thread hoping some solution to this has been found, and I'm very very disappointed in Samsung that this has been a persistent issue and they're charging their customers to fix it for something that is no fault of the users.