cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Gear App hanging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had an S8 for about a year and a Gear S3 Frontier since the beginning of the year and they have been both working great since the last Gear Update.  It hung while updating and now the S8 and the Gear S3 wont connect.  I have tried reinstalling the Gear app several times with no luck.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Gear App hanging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really not impressed with Samsung's support or products.  I ended up doing a reset on my phone since I couldnt get any valuable support and every app I had purchased through Google was restored but I had to repurchase my watchface that I purchased through Samsung.  It should have shown that I had already purchased it when I logged in.  

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Number: SM-G950U

Baseband version: G950USQU2CRC5

Carrier: AT&T

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @1StopJeff

Just to verify, you've uninstalled and then reinstalled the Gear app and that hasn't helped matters?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that is correct.  I have tried about 20 times.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, interesting. That normally fixes things. Can you try connecting the Gear to a different phone? If it still doesn't connect then it's something with the Gear itself that we need to look into more.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will try connecting to my son's S8 later today.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries, just let us know what happens whenever you get around to it.  Smiley Wink

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Gear S3 connected right up to my son's S8 phone.  I tried even resetting my Gear S3 and reinstalling the Gear app on my phone but it hangs the same place.  "Setting up your phone... Almost there."  Now I cannot even use my watch since it is waiting to connect to the phone.  

This all started when I was prompted to update the Gear App on my phone.  It was working perfectly before that.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of curiosity, if you go to Settings>Apps>Gear Manager, do you see an option to "Uninstall Updates"?

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is not "Gear Manager" listed.  Only "Gear VR Service".