cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Gear App hanging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh dang, maybe they changed the name on me. What was the Gear app that you removed from your phone and then reinstalled (the one you said hadn't helped)?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is just called "Samsung Gear"

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, alright! It was a name change then. Sorry about that! Will that one allow you to uninstall updates following the directions above just Samsung Gear instead of Gear Manager?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, there are no options to uninstall updates under Samsung Gear.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, well since it worked just fine on your son's phone, let's try some troubleshooting on your phone to see if it helps. Just let me know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd party apps. Instructions are here

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
    1. I went into Google Play store and updated 11 apps
    2. I went into Galaxy App Store and there were 12 apps to update and every one of them gave an error -200 and failed to update.
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
    1. OS is up to date.
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
    1. Cleared.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd party apps. Instructions are here
    1. Phone will not go into safe mode, might have something to do with the device being encrypted, but I dont know.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I almost wonder if that encryption might be causing the connection problem with the Gear. I'm assuming the phone was encrypted before that last update when this problem started though. That last step I really have to offer would be a factory reset, but those are always so extreme. 

Let's see if anyone in the Community has any other suggestions before we resort to that.  Smiley Happy

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the phone has always been incrypted and when I initially installed and connected to the Samsung Gear there were no issues.  

It is very concerning that all of the Samsung Galaxy Apps errored out when trying to update.  

I am very anxious to get this resolved, I miss my Gear S3 Watch!!

1StopJeff
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really not impressed with Samsung's support or products.  I ended up doing a reset on my phone since I couldnt get any valuable support and every app I had purchased through Google was restored but I had to repurchase my watchface that I purchased through Samsung.  It should have shown that I had already purchased it when I logged in.  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so sorry to hear that the factory reset caused that, even though it did fix the other problem!  Normally when you log back into your account anything you've bought will be available to you again without a second purchase.  =/