JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pass Won't Let Me Sign In

(Topic created: 09-26-2019 05:27 PM)
Benko
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Every time I try to sing in on my Samsung pass account via phone it says Incorrect password. So of course I reset it and still nothing. 

Thing is that I can access all samsung services over my PC or Chrome on phone, but not over Samsung pass app.

Is there any solution for this?

9 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

Have you attempted to force stop the app then clear the cache and data? That way you start with the app brand new. Are there any updates available for Samsung Pass via the Galaxy Store?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Benko
Asteroid
Options

I force stop, clear cache/data for 3 apps related to Samsung Pass:  
1. Autofill with Samsung Pass,

2.Samsung Pass Provider and

3.Samsung Pass itself

still same ''error''.

Everything is updated. Does it make difference if I reset my phone to factory settings or I did same thing with clearing cache and data?

Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

I don't think it would make a difference but I've seen it help stranger things. Would you mind trying a cache partition wipe first? This would wipe the cache partition of the entire device instead of just those specific applications. Here are the steps:

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Benko
Asteroid
Options

After I wiped cache partition and restart the phone soon as I open Samsung Pass I got message: 

'Confirm Samsung account password

For your secutiry, Samsung Pass will restart, and you will be asked to confirm your password. '

After I tap OK same message pop up and endlessly like that. In the end I manage to tap Agree in between those messages and after I type my e-mail and pass. I got 'You've reached the maximum number of sign-in attempts. Reset your passw.... ' and all in circle. 😕
What about to try with another e-mail address/samsung account?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to our accounts team. They can be reached via: (855) 795-0509

0 Likes
Benko
Asteroid
Options

Finally I tried with Wipe cache partition once more and for some reason it works now.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options

@Benko wrote:

After I wiped cache partition and restart the phone soon as I open Samsung Pass I got message: 

'Confirm Samsung account password

For your secutiry, Samsung Pass will restart, and you will be asked to confirm your password. '

After I tap OK same message pop up and endlessly like that. In the end I manage to tap Agree in between those messages and after I type my e-mail and pass. I got 'You've reached the maximum number of sign-in attempts. Reset your passw.... ' and all in circle. 😕
What about to try with another e-mail address/samsung account?

What if you remove your Samsung account from your device, restart your phone, then add it again?  Unless you have some very important apps that you don't want to mess with.

Benko
Asteroid
Options

For some reason after I run Wipe cache partition for second time it fix the problem.

Thank you for reply.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

Solid! I'm glad you're back up and running, let us know if any other weirdness happens.

0 Likes