cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Pay and s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Possibly a problem with your carrier and/or their software?   Bad hardware?   I'd ask for a new phone.

@ktklein72 wrote:

I've force stopped, cleared case, cleared data for both Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay Framework, uninstalled, Samsung Pay and reinstalled the app, turned off wifi, turned off iris recognition (only using pin and fingerprint) and nothing works. I gave every permission to both SP and SAFETY, Nadal. App opens but will not load any cards I try and the cards are all at approved banks and worked on my S7e.  Failed to load card, please try again later. It's been almost a week. WTH!?!? 

ktklein72
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've opened a case w Samsung. We'll see where that goes. I'm going to try Android Pay. If that works (card did successfully load) then I know it's not an NFC H/W issue. I don't think it is because I can't even load a card. As for carrier, I was in TMo on my S7e and still on TMo w S8. Can't imagine that's the issue. 

Highlighted
usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have T-Mobile.   

@ktklein72 wrote:

I've opened a case w Samsung. We'll see where that goes. I'm going to try Android Pay. If that works (card did successfully load) then I know it's not an NFC H/W issue. I don't think it is because I can't even load a card. As for carrier, I was in TMo on my S7e and still on TMo w S8. Can't imagine that's the issue. 

userCPwSRd9Ui9
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done the same.There was an update today (supposedly) and it still doesn't work.

ktklein72
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received the update and NOPE! it still fails to load a card. Frustrating! 

userCPwSRd9Ui9
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you got it working?

usergmFaevxFQW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Pay is working for me.  I had trouble entering one credit card but I successfully entered that one manually. Other cards can be entered by the photo process.  The problem I am having is with the finger print reader, which stops working after about a day.   Rebooting the phone fixes the finger printer reader issue.  I called Samsung on that problem and they told me to take my phone to BestBuy to get a software refresh.   BestBuy said there is only one location in my town that can do that.   That store is not close to where I live so I haven't done a software refresh.  T-Mobile wants me to do a hardware reset but I have not done that either.   The finder print issue seems related to software in my opinion.

@userCPwSRd9Ui9 wrote:

Have you got it working?

userCPwSRd9Ui9
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't get that far. Still getting the spinning ball on start even after the update. Well good luck with Best Buy I never deal with them at all.

user1gzhJpOS2r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It helped me, Thanks.
userwaDwr6l6mv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue for a week straight.  Very frustrating but then I fixed it.

I updated samsung shop or maybe it was galaxy app store, this prompted me to update samsung billing.  Once the billing framework was updated, Samsung Pay started working!

Hope this helps anyone who was frustrated like me Smiley Happy