cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilmama1982
Asteroid

Samsung S8 Active Caution and water droplet on screen when trying to charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of no where, my phone was on bed by me when it died, I put it on the charger and it started vibrating and a caution sign in the middle and a droplet at the bottom of the screen showed up ... I put it in rice for more then 24 hrs and it is still doing this and I can not get it turned back on nor charged. It has not been near any moisture/water for it to be doing this and I would like to know what my options are, does this phone have a manufacturer issue due to seeing other mentions of the same issue and if so what is going to be done about it because I have already spent a small fortune to even own this phone and I will not spend more on it. Thank You

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lilmama1982
Asteroid

Re: I had a similar issue when I went to recharge my phone 2...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went to AT&T about the issue and they did wirelessly charge my phone up and said it is a glitch with the S7 Active and the S8 Active phones due to the last update Samsung did, after they got my phone back on it seems to be doing ok at the moment but it doesnt mean it is not gonna keep doing it. All this was is a quick fix not an actual fix...... but I still believe Samsung should do something about the 4 days lost that I couldnt use my phone......I already had to buy a wireless charger and for me to do an upgrade is gonna cost me at least $100 + tax and to do an insurance claim against it is about $112

4 REPLIES 4
userbIePhgPWBf
Constellation

I had a similar issue when I went to recharge my phone 2...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar issue when I went to recharge my phone 2 weeks ago. Each time I plug the charger in it gave me the warning and said there was moisture present. I bought a wireless charger online for 13 bucks and was able to recharge it that way. I suspect that the selector on the charger was wet when I plugged it in. About 3 or 4 days later I plugged it in again two charged with no problem

Lilmama1982
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went to AT&T about the issue and they did wirelessly charge my phone up and said it is a glitch with the S7 Active and the S8 Active phones due to the last update Samsung did, after they got my phone back on it seems to be doing ok at the moment but it doesnt mean it is not gonna keep doing it. All this was is a quick fix not an actual fix...... but I still believe Samsung should do something about the 4 days lost that I couldnt use my phone......I already had to buy a wireless charger and for me to do an upgrade is gonna cost me at least $100 + tax and to do an insurance claim against it is about $112

Lilmama1982
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply, it did help alot.

Mikcoff
Constellation

That normally will happen if the charging port is dirty.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That normally will happen if the charging port is dirty.