cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8hvCRhHUQO
Asteroid

Samsung S8 Won't Connect to 2016 Santa Fe

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought an S8, went on-line and did some of those so called quick fixes/power saving things. Now when I try to pair with my car, it shows paired but the Bluetooth setting on the Santa Fe says disconnected, asks to press 1 to disconnect or 2 to connect, and pressing either one still does not connet with my phone. I can play music through my phone to the car (but that connection notice is still there) but no phone connection. We also bought an S8 for my wife and her phone has no problems pairing and connecting.

I'm not overly technically minded so I'm guessing a setting I made has caused the issue but I don't know what to change. I've unpaired, reset Bluetooth connections, but still have a problem.

The only solution I can think of is to totally reset my phone and start again, adding contacts, and music etc from my old phone.

Any ideas to connect?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user8hvCRhHUQO
Asteroid

Re: Samsung S8 Won't Connect to 2016 Santa Fe

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just turn off the power saving mode that u touched?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8hvCRhHUQO Here is the link to put your phone in safe mode? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001076/

user8hvCRhHUQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
tried the safe mode, still no bluetooth in the car...(but it works for my wife's cell
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what are the carrier, model number, and software build number from the settings > about phone?

user8hvCRhHUQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in Canada, Bell Canada model SM-G905W software build R16NW.G950WVLU5BRJ2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry 

user8hvCRhHUQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post