cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user19UI2i42eQ
Constellation

Samsung S8 battery is swelling and breaking cover

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! What do I do about my work phone's battery swelling?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung S8 battery is swelling and breaking cover

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user19UI2i42eQ  i would recommend reaching out to a Authorized Samsung Repair Center i would use one of the links below to get it checked out 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user19UI2i42eQ  i would recommend reaching out to a Authorized Samsung Repair Center i would use one of the links below to get it checked out 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

usermBxl0Nnbzx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my Samsung s8. The battery is swelling and the back has come out. How can you help?

usere95uc2CTAQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and my S8 Active. Does anyone know how much the authorized Samsung service center charges to replace the  battery and cover? My Active just passed the 2 year by 10 days.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere95uc2CTAQ I would recommend reaching out to our specialized team directly at 1 (800) 726-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usere95uc2CTAQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI SamsungAdam,

I contacted Samsung support and they were very nice to get me an RMA assigned.

But I think I can swap out the battery myself but my concern is that I cannot locate anywhere that will sell the sealant for the back cover. Would you know if I can use a strong double sided tape or some other non-corrosive sealant for plastic instead?

I have a couple more days to decide the RMA route if I cannot find the sealant needed for the back cover.

Thanks,

Tommy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere95uc2CTAQ We do not have that information available to tell you where to buy the sealant or buy the correct double-sided tape. This is information that a technician would know. You can use this link here to find a local walk-in service center and talk to the technicians there. 

userBHtQPMAM82
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We don't have the active, we have the s8+.  The Ubreakitwefixit said they will charge $79 for the battery replacement and $59 for the back replacement.  Even though ours is out of warranty, I think Samsung should charge a minimal fee, if any, since this is obviously a defect in the device. 

user9Uh3npn75P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

switch that asap why u keepin a phone thats ready to pop

and what are u downloading bro thats not suppose to happen

Highlighted
MJL
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had battery replaced on mine. Took it to independent shop. 25 minutes later battery was installed. And yes it was a Samsung battery with correct part number. 49.00 plus tax. If your back cover is not cracked. It does not have to be replaced.