cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung S8 battery is swelling and breaking cover

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - my SM-G955U S8+ battery has swollen and split the case.  The IMEI of the phone is <hidden IMEI>.  The battery manufacture date lists as 2017, so in less than three years, this phone cracked itself in two.

The closest uBreakiFix location is 101 miles away from my location.  Using the Samsung Service Locator doesn't show any locations within that radius either.  

IMG_1429.jpgIMG_1430.jpgIMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg

Please advise, as I can't drive 100 miles to get this phone repaired. 

Niles

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertdBDVN91FJ Good morning Niles, I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please send me the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need a new battery for my galaxy s8 Active and called 2 ubreakifix shops near me-19380- and both told me that although they are authorized Samsung Service Centers they do NOT work on the Actives. When the battery really gets bad I'll go to an independent but would hope the phone could be resealed.

I would also like to go to one near me.

Mike

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is my battery swollen