cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung S8 plus stop working

I am using Samsung S8 plus from Dec 2017. On May 22 2020 it stopped working while watching webseries.

Nothing is working. I tried hard restart while charging it. Phone just vibrates but screen is blank. I am not sure what is happening.

As its lockdown I wont be able to buy a new phone. Please help 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung S8 plus stop working

Try this: press and hold both the Power button, and your volume down button at the same time. You'll need to hold those two buttons down until your phone boots you to the recovery menu> from there you will be able to restart your phone like normal. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have tried that but phone just vibrates and nothing appears on the screen. Its blank as if phone is switch off

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userIY3KuJhcNu wrote:

I have tried that but phone just vibrates and nothing appears on the screen. Its blank as if phone is switch off

Plug your phone into your charger then try pressing and holding those two buttons until you see either the boot menu or the Samsung logo. The important part is pressing those two buttos down long enough until your phone eventually boots.

Highlighted
Constellation

Connect your phone to a USB C hdmi cable to TV..if your phone appears on your tv it means your phone is working. You have to check your phone's display, seem to be damaged.