cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexamundo
Constellation

Re: Samsung pay connection error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here we are in mid 2018 and Samsung Pay doesn't work on a S8.  After a factory reset, Pay app still won't get past the Connection error 'Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily, try again later' warning.  No access to Pay app settings.   How does a Samsung app not work on a Samsung Device.  BTW, the app works perfectly on my Gear S3.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Lexamundo, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear that your device isn't working properly, it's really frustrating to have an ease-of-life function like this not function properly.

I would like to look into this a little further, would you mind giving me some information about your device?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone.

Have you already attempted to reach out to your bank about this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Lexamundo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is not a bank issue. As I mentioned the app works fine on my Gear S3 watch. 

Carrier: AT&T U.S.
Model SM-G950FD
Baseband G950FXXU1CRAP

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us with this information, @Lexamundo.

It looks like your device is an international model, only US devices will support Samsung Pay. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Lexamundo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure why that makes any difference.  My S8 will work on either U.S. GSM carrier and does so perfectly on AT&T.   I guess it's easy enough to sign up for Google Pay.

useruElVnL1rtq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I stay having the same problem with my Samsung s8

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @useruElVnL1rtq. I just wanted to reach out to you and see if you could provide us with some more information about your device so that we can look into assisting you with your device.

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

useruElVnL1rtq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, os not a bank problem because I use nomaly in my s7 edge 

Model: SM-G950F

Baseband: G959FXXU1CRD2

Carrier: V I V O, brasil

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly looks like your device is a foreign model. This Community works largely with US based devices so it's hard for us to speak on exactly what may or may not be happening to your specific device. You are welcome to see if the Community can assist, but as many may not have the same device as you it might also be worth reaching out to your region specifically for more in depth assistance!

user8rofT5pU3w
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I stay having the same problem with my Samsung 9+

SM-G9650

R28K32GZHGP