cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzPoR4dajXN
Asteroid

Re: Samsung pay rewards gift cards gone?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm done too! Samsung is pushing me to discontinue using their products ALTOGETHER! 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People are returning their pre-ordered Notes over this. This is more than disappointing!

userZY5wnT6VPe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not only have they stopped issuing new gift cards, but they stole a gift card that was already issued from my account. I have been working with Samsung for at least 6 months on this. Today they said I was going to have to call someone else to try to get the lost card restored. Absolutely worthless now. Use points for a chance to win something? Is that even legal? Worthless! Bad move Samsung, I am losing confidence in your products and services.

userP6ORHo4MOV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would Samsung do this?  Is it costing more money then they thought?  Bait and switch? Man this pisses me off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I all ready stopped using the app - actually I bought a used IPhone...when I finish paying my Note 8 off through Samsung.com, I will close my account with them as well.

The courtesy of an email stating they were going to "remove the service" would have been the right thing to do.  Plenti discontinued their program and I got at least 6 emails before Plenti went away..

There are still a lot of people thinking they are saving for that $100 or $200 visa that have no idea this has happened....

SMH

Highlighted
ElizaG01
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm with you... there's a whole lot of alternatives.... I'll probably just use my bank's payment app now
user5TaEdeMuK9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCRKygBt1io wrote:

Had to see this coming.  First, the lowered the points accumulated per transaction.  Then they raised the "price" of a Visa card to a level that you actually could NEVER reach based on max points per month & when points expire.  Now this.  Samsung puchased the technology to allow us to use the phone as a mag stripe for places that don't otherwise accept NFC payments, and now they have reduced the service to a ZERO benefit.  It's now quicker for me to grab my wallet & use my card instead of unlocking the phone, selecting the card, giving it my fingerprint, and then paying.  If I'm getting points that now can't really be used for ANYTHING other than Samsung gear & "instant win" opportunities, then there's no use even using Samsung Pay.  Way to absolutely kill a service that people actually WANTED to use.

user4EtcBlPa2X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wrong move, Samsung Pay. Wrong move. 

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO point in using this method anymore. I mainly used Samsung Pay STRICTLY for the rewards (visa) gift cards for multiple outlets. This method of pay is completely useless now. The current "rewards" are horrible. No one wants to redeem their points for unnecessary mobile accessories or "chance to win."

BRING BACK THE REWARDS GIFT CARDS!!!!! 

userHWAH8px3mG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went to buy a gift card today as I go out of my way to use Samsung pay over other pay apps, primarily because I was able to buy gift cards to AMC movie theater and Uber. Saw the whole gift card section was gone and wound up here. Very disapointed. I don't use the app for "chances to win". I was contstantly talking about how good Samsung pay was to my friends and family with both the technology and rewards and will now stop doing that. I didn't get any sort of notice they were cancelling gift cards, lest I would have used my points before they phased them out. Not impressed, Samsung, at all.

On second thought, I should thank you, I have had Galaxy's since the s5 and was brand loyal strictly for samsung pay (it worked and had great rewards). Now that you took my incentive away to keep using Samsung pay, I'll consider the Pixel and LG options. 

Ugly Girl Dance
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like you never learned how it works and were only using it to get rewards. You don't have to unlock. Just swipe your finger up then fingerprint and you're done. There is no possible way that taking your wallet and using your card is faster... But then again you thought unlocking was required so you don't know how it works.

Neither Google Pay nor Apple Pay pay you to use their pay service, and Samsung Pay is much better because of the patent they own that allows phones to work on older credit card machines. Samsung pay also lets you pay with gift cards. I enjoyed the rewards while they lasted but I always wondered why they even offered them. Samsung clearly has the advantage over the other services, so it's really not necessary to bribe people to use it. Anyone saying they won't use it anymore does not bother Samsung. Why would they care about losing you if all you did was cost them money?