cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 Ugly black spot on the edge of the screen :'(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's 2 months now I have my phone any I woke up to see a half circle spot on the bottom corner of the phone. I took it to T-Mobile and they say it's in the phone im posting a pic of it any one had this problem? I contact Samsung and I had to send them the phone so they can check to see if it's a factory defect because I didn't drop it or rest anything in it...I truly not happy....[

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung s8 Ugly black spot on the edge of the screen :'(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks!

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864) or through the Samsung Plus App to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
usermleGzPFjtW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update? I have a similar black spot in the top left corner and even with my pressure home button not working, premium care "support" says that they can't fix it through the normal warranty

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermleGzPFjtW, you will have to send it in for repair. This is definitely a defect. If your 3D home button doesn't work either, it may have to do with that. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I send it back to Samsung the screen was replace and send back to me. I received my phone back only to resend it back because after I plug it up to charge and it became very hot took it to Tmobile they suggested i replace it through them but instead i call samsung and let them Know of the now new problem and had it ship back to them so now I'm waiting to hear what will happen.. I think this be my last Samsung phone I had all their phones over the years think it's time to try something New if I continued to have a problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Heart ok thanks Samsung I got my phone back all is working like new problem solve...HeartHeart

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SAMSUNG WOW I SPOKE TOO SOON. SAME DAMM PHONE 3RD ISSUE. I send my phone to Samsung they repair it send it back and the same day. I had to mail it back to them becauae when i plug it up it got so hot i was scared. I got it back August 30th 2017 and yesterday i notice it reboot 2x, I was like maybe it's updating so this Morning i got up didn't hear alarm go off for work and look at my phone it's blank thinking **bleep** i forgot to charge it so 6am I plug it in take it to work plug it up 9am phone still hasn't been on and it didn't do back up at 2am that's set to do. So my recent info.I'm Piss cause I haven't gotten the chance to enjoy my s8. I been with Samsung for years can't believe this happening to me...Any other problem like this.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have T-Mobile service..Samsung please help me solve this problem I don't want to chose another brand but I feel I should. I pay for good product not headache I have kids for that...
EmJJay
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

EmJay

Same problem, Botttom right blackspot on my s8+  barely 7months old, didnt drop. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks!

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864) or through the Samsung Plus App to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userGqsDxQtcd7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the black dot and have been living with it for a while. What is the process to have this issue addressed?