JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the S8 getting One UI??? Dont say soon πŸ˜‘

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung s8 pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

9 REPLIES 9
Prateek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOON.... :-p

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

78_Alpha
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's where your statement went wrong...

You have the samsung official tag in your name. These are samsung devices. You are part of the company. You can't speculate,  sure, but you know for a fact and likely refuse to say anything. 

In this whole,  "waiting for pie" event, a noticeable percentage has switched to google phones, a few over to LG, and the eastern fellows to Huawei...

Regardless of whether the carriers approve the release, you have all rights to release the final ROM onto one of the many forms of media we use, giving you the power to decide when it gets released. 

The XDA team already ripped some of the stable builds from your site and proved they worked on carrier devices,  all that's needed is the final image, the community can do the rest. 

If a single guy can make pie for our phones before your company, you likely have an internal problem that will harm the company for years to come. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry if you don't believe me, but we mods honestly have no clue when any update or new device is getting released. The mods, people over the phone, the people on chat; those that you would speak to when reaching out to Samsung at all are not given the release dates. Usually when you're given a date, it's one that the agent pulled out of the closet to give you in order to calm your nerves about it's release. We cannot speculate on the dates because we don't know and don't want to set your expectations just to have them fail. 

Zineturki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can install an official rom using odin, depends on your csc.

cjw3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXoX43xwJiL wrote:

When the S8 getting One UI??? Dont say soon πŸ˜‘

Be careful what you wish for.  Many features missing, blows away your custom notification sounds that were previously set for text messages, no way to set up answering-ending calls with one touch- have to swipe left or right, high contrast keyboard different.  Not happy that I accepted this upgrade today.   Be prepared for some work to fix some things back to the way they were, and to accept that some features just aren't there anymore...

userChkRyssMilk
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be careful what you wish for, I got Pie less than 48 hours ago and my phone has been almost completely unusable ever since. Can't connect to wifi 5Gs to not being able to use mobile services for any data requests to closing out apps when I am toggling between them.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I vote sooner or later and sooner already fled the coop. Sad that Pie for my Unlocked S8 continues to be MIA while Q alpha is making news and will never get released for my phone officially due to Samsung and their consumer unfriendly 2 os release policy. I'm in the skip Samsung for my next phone camp. Enough do the same and Samsung will either improves or fail. Enough keep buying their phones and Samsung wins.

ElTigreChino
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very soon