cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereDb1jPLhs4
Asteroid

Samsung s8+ screen cracked by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My less than 19 days odd Samsung s8+ screen cracked by itself. I have never dropped it. Just this evening I looked at it sitting on the countertop at saw it crack by itself!!! Anyone have the same issues?  It's too late to bring it back to Best Buy...it has been longer than 14 days on their return policy.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Samsung s8+ screen cracked by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @usereDb1jPLhs4

I am glad you have come to the community for support or help. The members of the community and the official moderators welcome and wish to accommodate all people that wish to use the Samsung+ Community and its resources. Your post is in regards to your Galaxy S8. If your post is improperly categorized, it might not be found as quickly, it will take more time for a moderator to find your post, which means it will take them longer to help the other users of the community as well.

Could you please click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your post, then click edit. Please copy the text from the body of your post and create a new post in the "Get Help" section under the "cell phones" topic and "Galaxy S8" board. Paste the body of this post into your new post so a moderator and other users will be able to more easily find your post and address your concerns. After you have created the new post in the right place, a moderator should respond Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm. Fellow community members are able to help 24 hours per day 7 days per week, depending on your needs.

Posting correctly under the appropriate topic is essential for all members, like me and you, in the community to have a concise and efficient encounter and use of the Samsung+ Community.

Thank you for coming here to the community and thank you for understanding the importance for keeping the discussion boards in the Samsung+ Community organized for the benefit of all who come here to the community for help and support.It also benefits the users who are here to offer their assistance.

After you have moved your post, please either delete the text in this post or reply, “done” or something to indicate it is safe to delete this post.  

*BTW I'm super sorry to hear about your phone :'(

✨KLHN1986 REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR (ELITE)✨
☆ If you like my answers, I would love stars☆

The rank of contributor is a rank assigned
to community members that have been recognized for
sharing high quality answers and material to the Samsung+ Community.
Contributors do not formally represent Samsung
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @usereDb1jPLhs4

I am glad you have come to the community for support or help. The members of the community and the official moderators welcome and wish to accommodate all people that wish to use the Samsung+ Community and its resources. Your post is in regards to your Galaxy S8. If your post is improperly categorized, it might not be found as quickly, it will take more time for a moderator to find your post, which means it will take them longer to help the other users of the community as well.

Could you please click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your post, then click edit. Please copy the text from the body of your post and create a new post in the "Get Help" section under the "cell phones" topic and "Galaxy S8" board. Paste the body of this post into your new post so a moderator and other users will be able to more easily find your post and address your concerns. After you have created the new post in the right place, a moderator should respond Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm. Fellow community members are able to help 24 hours per day 7 days per week, depending on your needs.

Posting correctly under the appropriate topic is essential for all members, like me and you, in the community to have a concise and efficient encounter and use of the Samsung+ Community.

Thank you for coming here to the community and thank you for understanding the importance for keeping the discussion boards in the Samsung+ Community organized for the benefit of all who come here to the community for help and support.It also benefits the users who are here to offer their assistance.

After you have moved your post, please either delete the text in this post or reply, “done” or something to indicate it is safe to delete this post.  

*BTW I'm super sorry to hear about your phone :'(

✨KLHN1986 REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR (ELITE)✨
☆ If you like my answers, I would love stars☆

The rank of contributor is a rank assigned
to community members that have been recognized for
sharing high quality answers and material to the Samsung+ Community.
Contributors do not formally represent Samsung
userNhylmF2hbK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has never been dropped. I placed phone on charger and when I woke up my screen had a crack. Is the charger overheating it? Will Samsung make this right?

userCIQCg6bvBc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
LIKE EASILY BREAK THE BIGGER SCREEN......SO UPSET WITH THIS PURCHASE. GOT BOTH THE S8 AND S8+ BOTH HAVE BROKEN SCREENS IN SAME SPOT.....they broke within 2 weeks of purchase. HARD TO GET ALL NEW CASES WHEN YOU JUST AGREED TO PAY $1600 FOR 2 NEW PHONES. PLUS TAXES AND ACTIVATION!!!!!!! THEN I HAD A WATCH AND GEAR VR HEADSET THAT ARE NOW WORTHLESS. HEADPHONES SUCK AND DONT WORK RIGHT. HAVE BOUGHT ALMOST 5 OR 6 USB TYPC C CHARGERS AND THEY BREAK EASILY AND THOSE ARE EXPENSIVE TOO. IDK YES SAMSUNG YOU AGREED TO REPLACE MY SCREENS WHICH I THANK YOU FOR BUT WHATS GONNA HAPPEN TWO WEEKS FROM NOW?? I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE THE S5 OCASSIONALLY SWITCHING BACK TO APPLE. BUT WASNT A LOVED MY S7 EDGE AND WAS PUMPED TO GET THES AND NOW ALL I AM IS DISSAPOINTED!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 Now the item that is most important for keeping me organized and connected is gone and I'm without a phone..... and now I feel like I got robbed......And i rely on having a working device to work and keep connected...... While i do thank you for offering to repair my phone for free what is gonna happen next time??.......in about two weeks when it happens again?? and why release devices that render the last model obsolete the next year. i really dont like spending all this money and facing all these issues in the first two weeks.
userhHv0byTeWY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me also. I'm not sure what to do now. The phone is still usuable but the crack goes out from the center of the edge out. I put my phone on my end table before  I went to sleep, then woke up and the screen was cracked. 

user2CKazQoshY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me just now! I got my brand new phone on Christmas eve,  woke up this morning to find the phone on the charger with a crack in the upper left corner.  What??!! Furious!

userIFLrMTDZ6O
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I discovered spontaneous cracking in the rear of my S8+ 16 days after I got it.  Attached are photos. 

useruPeGWJh4Ga
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same thing happened to me, 13 days after purchase I take my case off and find the back cracked. Best buy says they wont exchange because its damaged even though it hasnt been 14 days

userYyANbNotWc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep mine did the same, Samsung refused to warranty it stating there was physical damage to the phone but won't give any details. Charged me 216.00 to repair and said my warranty is void. 2 months old and still have a year and 10 months on my lease. Unfortunately I leased 6 phones.

userzd7Wx3CYOY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me on my 17 day old s8+. Never dropped.  First exploding battery on my Note 7 and now junk screen on my S8+.  Fool me once same on you. Fool me twice same on me.