cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen replacement confusion

Our dog bit through the bottom right corner of my wife's S8. Now, though the screen will turn on, it has a half inch band down the right side and does not respond to touch at all.

I never replaced a Samsung screen, and going online i see Glass replacement screens for under $30, and Glass & digitizer screens for $120 - $225.

To make matters very confusing is that most of the comments i read are in broken English, so i can not presume we are communicating, and i don't want to waste money - Covid-19 has made funds a bit too dear here (income dropped to 10% of what it once was...), so if i do not have to spend it i would rather not, but i do not want to buy something that will not do the job!

Can any of you folks that really know what you are doing give me some direction please? She stored all of her pictures on that thing for the past couple years with no backup...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Screen replacement confusion

Do you have a Battery Joe's around? They do screen battery replacements. Give them a try.
Highlighted
Constellation

I'd much rather do it myself and save the money, but i need to know what i need to replace and what i do not. I just want to get her photos off the phone anyway, have no other use for it now-

Highlighted
Sun

I've replaced one screen. Find a cheap used S8 or buy new screen. I bought my screen replacement tools on Amazon and used phone on craig list. You can use your wife's blow dryer to loosen adhesive. The trick is to take ur time loosening the glass. look up Jerry Rig on youtube he does it all the time.