cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercqi8l1ypq2
Constellation

Screen time out problem after two years of ownership

Is this an exclusive problem to Samsung?  I'm so sick of this.  It just started happening to me.  I have had two update pushes from my carrier.  No problems.  Then, out of the blue about three weeks later, I lost my call log history, the phone doesn't charge well anymore (fast charging) and now the main problem is the screen timing out when I'm in the telephone mode.

Why should anyone have to pay for an app to keep their screen on?  There are settings for screen time out WHICH NEVER EVER WORK.  I assume that's an Android issue though.  Not sure.  HELP. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen time out problem after two years of ownership

Do you experience these symptoms if your device is in safe mode?

usercqi8l1ypq2
Constellation

I have NEVER put my phone in "Safe Mode."  I am running the latest and greatest Android updates (supposedly). 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Do you experience these symptoms if your device is in safe mode?

--ariksempire
Astronaut

I think u need a update yous software

Highlighted
usercqi8l1ypq2
Constellation

Re: I think u need a update yous software

@--ariksempire wrote:

I did update my software.  There is NOTHING TO UPDATE.  Tmobile sent the last push about two weeks ago and I installed it like a dummy.  I should never have done that.  So, NO, you're wrong about that one.  Still thinking this is a SAMSUNG PROBLEM and not and not an ANDROID problem.  Good thing is other manufacturers make ANDROID phones too.

Wish me luck.....

userd4VcGO2MHa
Constellation

Re: I think u need a update yous software

Updated software caused the problem. This is about the dumbest solution anybody could present. Since you have no help and nothing of value, why bother posting at all!

MollysMomma13
Constellation

I bought the Samsung Galaxy note 9 recently, $999! And I...

I bought the Samsung Galaxy note 9 recently, $999! And I too have a screen timeout when I am in call mode that I cannot fix. Very irritating especially if I am on hold

Screen time out like 30s is only when you are not in a call. In call proximity sensor detects if your phone is close to face and turns off screen. Once you move device away it should turn on. Are youy using speaker mode ?