Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phlyx
Asteroid

Secure Folder Won't Allow Samsung Login - S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung S8 Plus (SAMSUNG-SM-G955U Hardware rev1.0 ANDROID 9) on Verizon

Took some pictures of my business card to have the info with me.  When I went to move it to a folder I saw the prompt asking if I wanted to move it to a "Secure Folder".  Didn't know that was an option so I clicked it.  It prompted me to sign in to my Samsung account.  When I started typing my email in, typing suggestion popped up what I thought was my email so I accepted it and tried to type in my password.  Was told it was an incorrect password and I tried several more times before I noticed it had left two characters out of my email address.  So I corrected the typ-O and tried again and was told I needed to reset my password as I had tried and failed too many times.

I went to reset my password, got the email, clicked the link, reset my password and it asked me if I wanted to log in so it took me back to the phone screen asking me to sign in to my Samsung account.  I made sure the email address was correct this time and got the message it was the incorrect password even though I JUST RESET MY PASSWORD.  Ugh! 

So I went to accounts under settings and saw it had a Samsung account listed BUT it had the misspelled email address in it.  If I click on it, the only option I have is to try to log in again but it will not let me and even if I reset the password again (which I have done multiple times now) it won't accept it, tells me it's the wrong password.  I can go to samsung.com and log in just fine BUT I absolutely cannot log in, change or delete the account on my phone.

So I figured forget it (or something like that) and I just won't use the secure folder.  BUT NOW EVERY FEW MINUTES I GET A REMINDER TO LOG IN TO MY SAMSUNG ACCOUNT TO CONTINUE.

Any help before I see if bolt cutters or a 10lb sledge hammer might fix it????   Smiley Mad

Thanks in advance for assistance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
phlyx
Asteroid

Re: Secure Folder Won't Allow Samsung Login - S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FIXED IT MYSELF!!!

Was messing with this at lunch and had an odd idea I decided to try.  I went to Settings/Account and Backup and clicked on the Samsung account with the wrong email address.  I clicked on Reset Password and instead of putting in the CORRECT email I put in the misspelled email address.  Didn't think that would work as it sends a confirmation email and I knew I cannot get to that email account (can't even set up the wrong email account as it was only 4 characters and a Gmail accound and Gmail requires 6 characters).  

When I entered the misspelled email address it offered to send me a text message to my cell phone instead of an email (didn't get that when I entered the correct email address).  So I selected the text message, got the code and set up a new password for an email account that doesn't exist.  Once that was done it let me log in and once I was logged in it gave me the option to remove the account which I promptly did... PROBLEM SOLVED!

I am not setting this up or even trying to set this up again, at least not any time soon.  Too risky and from what I have read online there are a lot of people with log in issues with Samsung on their phones.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you go into settings and under account select remove account and it will let you re-add the correct one.

phlyx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I go to Settings, the only option I have is Accounts and Backup. In there is lists all my accounts and an option to Add Account but nothing to remove an account. It lists Samsung account with the wrong email address, if I click on it, it just goes to the same log in screen that won't let me log in. There is no option to remove account, it looks like the only way you can remove the account is to log in to it, which I can't do. Still stuck.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once you click on your Samsung account, do you have 3 dots on the right-hand side of the screen?

phlyx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. Every account I click on opens a screen with information about the account and a REMOVE ACCOUNT button, every one EXCEPT the Samsung one. When I click on it, it just takes me to the login screen that I can't log in to. Still stuck.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to our customer service team directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 so they can remote into your device and provide further assistance.

phlyx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FIXED IT MYSELF!!!

Was messing with this at lunch and had an odd idea I decided to try.  I went to Settings/Account and Backup and clicked on the Samsung account with the wrong email address.  I clicked on Reset Password and instead of putting in the CORRECT email I put in the misspelled email address.  Didn't think that would work as it sends a confirmation email and I knew I cannot get to that email account (can't even set up the wrong email account as it was only 4 characters and a Gmail accound and Gmail requires 6 characters).  

When I entered the misspelled email address it offered to send me a text message to my cell phone instead of an email (didn't get that when I entered the correct email address).  So I selected the text message, got the code and set up a new password for an email account that doesn't exist.  Once that was done it let me log in and once I was logged in it gave me the option to remove the account which I promptly did... PROBLEM SOLVED!

I am not setting this up or even trying to set this up again, at least not any time soon.  Too risky and from what I have read online there are a lot of people with log in issues with Samsung on their phones.

user3sRxdDM43w
Constellation

Same with note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with note 9