cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoussemTorNix
Cosmic Ray

Secure Folder

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello guys, I have a problem with my Galaxy S8, when I open the Secure Folder, it says:

Couldn't create Secure Folder

Something went wrong. If this problem persists, contact Customer Service

I don't know why, my phone is not rooted, everything is fine and default, please help me

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Secure Folder

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize but, once a phone has been rooted there is no way to remove or undo it. This is because the term "rooted" means an unauthorized modification of the device. On a basic level, rooting an Android phone means giving yourself superuser access. A superuser account on Android is similar to an administrator account. It allows more access to the operating system but also more possibility for damage. The result of that action is that you void your warranty, and possibly break your phone permanently. You are also now in charge of keeping track of your own Android maintenance and any system updates are now your responsibility. 

34 REPLIES 34
HoussemTorNix
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Guys please any help?
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@HoussemTorNix wrote:
Guys please any help?

find the app long press on app next click storage then clear data and cache, close it, restart phone try again to setup.

look here and take time reading it all secure folder app help

If your mobile device is rooted or is running a custom ROM, then Secure Folder automatically locks to prevent unauthorized access. If this occurs, you can no longer access data inside Secure Folder.

worse case scenario is a full factory data reset and not restore ANY BACKUPS and setup as new device UNTIL SECURE FOLDER WORKS, then restore apps if desired.

HoussemTorNix
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did full factory data reset and didn't restore ANY BACKUPS, same problem :/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that. You may want to check out the step by step guide for setting up your secure folders. Just click on the word Link. Let us know if this helps. 

HoussemTorNix
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like my phone is rooted and I don't know, I opened Samsung Health and it said For your security, Samsung Health can't be opened on a rooted phone (0x110010null5h3030)

Can anyone tell me how to Unroot my galaxy s8?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you purchase your phone new?

HoussemTorNix
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, from my friend, from outside is new, but he didn't told me that the phone is rooted,I want to remove the root, and make it 100% official, help please

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize but, once a phone has been rooted there is no way to remove or undo it. This is because the term "rooted" means an unauthorized modification of the device. On a basic level, rooting an Android phone means giving yourself superuser access. A superuser account on Android is similar to an administrator account. It allows more access to the operating system but also more possibility for damage. The result of that action is that you void your warranty, and possibly break your phone permanently. You are also now in charge of keeping track of your own Android maintenance and any system updates are now your responsibility. 

usercPHlE6Em9R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Neigher i have rooted my phone nor i have tired.

But it say could not create secure folder.

What is solution?

Even though i have recently uodated my phone to Android 8.0.

I have also tried clear cache or data and also force stop, but nothing worked.

Any body help me please