cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninko
Asteroid

Secure Startup problem after latest update

Hi,

Me and my partner have an S8 phone but after receiving the latest software update today, Secure Startup seems to be having a problem.

Everytime we restart our phones we put in our pin to unencrypt our phones, it will then freeze for a minute then restart, asks for your pin again, freezes once more then finally loads up. If I turn off Secure Startup it loads up fine. Never had this problem before the update.

Help please?

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Secure Startup problem after latest update

Do you still have this symptom if you restart your phone in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ninko
Asteroid

Yeah, same problem.

Honored Contributor

@Ninko wrote:

Hi,

Me and my partner have an S8 phone but after receiving the latest software update today, Secure Startup seems to be having a problem.

Everytime we restart our phones we put in our pin to unencrypt our phones, it will then freeze for a minute then restart, asks for your pin again, freezes once more then finally loads up. If I turn off Secure Startup it loads up fine. Never had this problem before the update.

Help please?

Note10 doesn't even have that Secure Startup feature, but it asks for pin when device boots to lock screen.  Samsung might be removing that feature slowly.

So with secure startup, you have to enter pin before phone loads the OS and then at the lock screen too?

Ninko
Asteroid

Yeah it asks for your pin before the phone had loaded up, but it only asks when loading up the phone, otherwise it's just your normal lock screen.

If Samsung are getting rid of that option I'd rather they just do so rather then let it become buggy and have the user spend all afternoon trying to fix it.

usercAwWCGEWdm
Constellation

I have the same problem, Im from Portugal!

I also now have problems with Google chrome app, it freezes!

userhJOynjVgK9
Constellation

Would not recommend use Chrome if that your style but Samsung internet would be recommended which color purple looks like earth. Try to disable Chrome and download normal style where Samsung recommend you to use. Be sure keep Google Play up to date and clean your files. If software update is the issue there is no other I can help.

userdrFVFkaDy2
Constellation

I am glad i found a soulmate! I have the exact same problem with my 9 plus and took it up with samsung. Terrible service with standard scripts, not listening and not testing after having had two repairs. I have filed a complaint and they say it will take 5 to 10 working days before they even get started on this.

I need this option for work and I guess I'm not the only one. Have you any update from Samsung?

Ninko
Asteroid

I'm glad it's not just me!

I've tried speaking to Samsung but like you, they haven't a clue beyond their 'scripts' and will never except the possibility that the problem lies in their software!

userx6fCkUmDmB
Astronaut

Mm... i have the same issue too. Same response.. reset all settings and do a factory reset. You have got to be kidding samsung!! Do you think we are all stupid? It fails after all that anyway! I am at the point of accusing samsung programmers of being total incompetents! Either that, or they sent code down in the september secutiry update that was deliberately engineered to cause issues in the s8's so that people would get frustrated and annoyed at all the startup issues and go out and buy a new phone. Ka-ching Ka-ching! We have all seen how companies behave in the market place with our personal details, and Apple got caught with the overclocking scandal, so it is highly likely that samsung have been interfering with our purchased items after we legitimately paid for them. Time will reveal this. I hope its not the case, but the stony silence from samsung on any attempts to fix this issue <edit> them totally. LOSS OF FACE BIGTIME!