Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoneyboy56
Constellation

Secure folder deleted photos and videos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

I have a Galaxy S8. Before last night, the only thing I had ever done with Secure Folder was set my PIN. I decided to finally give it a try by selecting about 5 short videos and selecting the option to move them to Secure Folder. At this point, I was prompted for the PIN. Right after putting in my PIN, it went to work. I figured I would go do something else while waiting. However, I was not able to navigate and noticed my phone seemed to be locked up. The touch screen would not even make the little vibrations when tapping on one of the three navigational buttons. The lock screen button would not do anything either. After a short time, the screen dimmed and went black. Then, it showed the padlock symbol unlocking with the circle around it. My phone has never been rooted.

When I went back to my gallery, the videos I selected were no longer there along with a big list of other photos and videos. While some of my recent photos and videos were still there, other random ones were not. I checked the Gallery within Secure Folder and nothing was there. I tried adding a single random picture as a test and it worked. I used DiskDigger and it seems to be finding a good bit of the photos, although some seem to be the thumbnail of the actual photo. The photos missing are also not available within Samsung Cloud.

Does anyone have any insight as to what may have happened and/or an easier way to recover what Secure Folder seems to have deleted? It really hurts when you lose pics and videos of your child this way...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shoneyboy56
Constellation

Re: Secure folder deleted photos and videos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue worked itself out after an additional reboot. It is crazy that multiple recovery apps could not find everything that was "missing," but a simple reboot brought them back. At first, I was afraid to restart my phone. I kept thinking maybe they might get permanently wiped from some temp file location and be lost forever.

I guarantee you I am never trusting Secure Folder again. With the problem I experienced and Secure Folder posts I've read, I have 0 confidence in the feature.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shoneyboy56
Constellation

Re: Secure folder deleted photos and videos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue worked itself out after an additional reboot. It is crazy that multiple recovery apps could not find everything that was "missing," but a simple reboot brought them back. At first, I was afraid to restart my phone. I kept thinking maybe they might get permanently wiped from some temp file location and be lost forever.

I guarantee you I am never trusting Secure Folder again. With the problem I experienced and Secure Folder posts I've read, I have 0 confidence in the feature.

View solution in original post