cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Secure folder using background data & background data allowed on a data restricted app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking in. Was anyone able to give this method a try?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray

Re: Secure folder using background data & background data allowed on a data restricted app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If i could click on that link and samsung+ not shutdown i would read it and give it a try. But since its impossible to open a link without samsung+ force closing its self and i cant read what ever that link says then i cant try it.  

Also noone has said anything about why i have 2 secure folders showing under my data use by app tab. 

Highlighted
Goodole
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been reading through all the post and see that there seems to be no reasonable gesture as to what the answer may be. However, I did notice on your picture you uploaded that one folder has a large font S and the other smaller, or perhaps its the angle of the screen. I hope that is a clue for you.

JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone tell me how i add photos to either my profile or to these post?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userWTIue4zNch Sadly with the newest version of Community, you are only able to attach pictures through private messages. The admins changed this due to the amount of inappropriate pictures that many users were attempting to post. I will be posting the troubleshooting steps in the link on page for you, I warn though that there are quite a few so apologies for a long post.

SM-G950U Secure Folder

Secure folder provides a separate secured area for apps and data. Media created or moved to the secure folder cannot be accessed outside of the secure folder.

To set up secure folder:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up to open the App Drawer.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Search for and touch Secure Folder.
  4. A Samsung account on the device can be used to unlock the secured folder.
  5. Touch the security type that the Secure folder will use and follow the onscreen prompts to set it up.

Using secure folder:

Touch the Secure Folder icon and unlock with the selected security method.

Apps that have been added to Secure Folder will appear on the main screen and can be accessed normally.

Note: Apps in the secure folder will not initially have accounts associated with them. Account based apps like Facebook, Gmail, etc. will require logging in.

Lock the folder by touching the lock icon.

Add apps by touching Add apps, select the apps to add, and then touch DONE.

Secure Folder Settings

From within the Secure folder, touch the menu icon, then touch Settings.

• Lock type - Allows changing the type of security required to access Secure Folder.
  • Auto lock Secure Folder - Decide when Secure Folder locks.
  • Notifications and display - Control which information is displayed outside of Secure Folder.
  • Show Secure Folder - If this is disabled, Secure Folder can only be accessed from within Settings.
  • Information shown - Some data, such as Contacts, can be shown both in and out of Secure Folder.
  • Apps - Manage applications within Secure Folder.
  • Accounts - Add and remove accounts exclusive to Secure Folder.
  • Keyboard and input - Secure Folder can have separate input methods from the primary phone.
  • Data usage - Monitor what functions are using data individually in Secure Folder.
  • Backup and restore - Secure Folder can be backed up to Samsung Cloud.
  • Uninstall - Uninstall Secure Folder and all it's content.

Moving Content To Secure Folder

• Touch the content from Gallery, My Files or another supported source.
  • Touch the Menu Icon and then touch Move to Secure Folder.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhH7vtdbksV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today secure folder used 1.6 GB and I never opened it? Please help I am on a 2 GB data plan. Samsung Galaxy 8 edge.

Heath

JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-J327A I also only have a few pictures in my Secure folder and dont have any apps.

Date               Background  Foreground

May24-june23    13.07mb        0mb

April24-may23  52.63mb      0mb

Mar24-april23   76.42mb       0mb

Feb24-mar23    53.09mb       0mb

userhH7vtdbksV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today secure folder used 1.6 GB and I never opened it? Please help I am on a 2 GB data plan. Samsung Galaxy 8 edge. 

Heath

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed earlier in the thread?

JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont see any troubleshooting steps. All i see is steps on using and setting up secure folder.