cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzH3YE7mwRZ
Asteroid

Serious Pattern unlock bug - Sept update

Hi,

There is a serious pattern unlock bug which has rendered lots of phones including mine in a very messy situation.

Until last update, when using pattern to unlock the phone, you could overlap on the dot. So, say you tried to make d, q or p as the unlock pattern, that was allowed. After the last update, you can't. 

Lucky for me, I have one of my fingers added for fingerprint unlock and so I can get into my phone. However, I can't change the pattern in Settings to fix the issue. I can't make changes in FindMyPhone settings either to bypass the pattern.

There is nothing at all one can do to reset the pattern even though I have got through the lock screen using my fingerprint.

I suggest Samsung to release a patch asap for users like me so that I can make use of the phone as I want to. People who are already locked out can not do much as they would have to unlock the screen to install software update.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung_pns7q01
Astronaut

Re: Serious Pattern unlock bug - Sept update

I dont understand

userzH3YE7mwRZ
Asteroid

Try drawing the letters d, q or p on your pattern unlock screen. You overlap one of the dots. That was allowed / possible. After the update, you can't.

userzH3YE7mwRZ
Asteroid

The dot which I am trying to reuse when drawing q on my screen is no longer accepted.The dot which I am trying to reuse when drawing q on my screen is no longer accepted.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried this?

Samsung has a backup in settings that usually enabled automatically, so your info should be saved in a backup.

Check Samsung find my mobile website and see what options you get when it finds your phone. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

userzH3YE7mwRZ
Asteroid

My settings are fine. I can't change the pattern due to the bug. I don't need to retrieve the settings.

userzH3YE7mwRZ
Asteroid

Screenshot_20190924-171509_Samsung Internet.jpgCan't unlock remotely

userS7PxuU3Suc
Astronaut

I am having the same issue except my only security was the pattern. My phone is basically an expensive paper weight at this point. I Think I am going to have to get another phone.

Highlighted
userEPnOfjwCki
Constellation

Any update on this? It works fine after restarting the phone but still it is a huge security bug. Never gonna get Samsung again. 

userFIiN8H62O6
Astronaut

Is there a fix for this problem yet