cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darby17
Constellation

Setting up S8, friend added voice assistance now won't read my pin number to unlock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the new S8 was setting up, friend picked up and was messing around with it added Voice assistance, really irritating. When I pick the phone back up to unlock to change the settings it doesn't read any number I'm typing in in my PIN number. I restarted it half a dozen times and it still doesn't read any touch to the screen.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up S8, friend added voice assistance now won't read my pin number to unlock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Darby17

Ooo, I would be demanding my friend fix what they did. However, Voice Assistance (while it can be annoying) also works under specific rules. Normally when you first tap something on the screen it says what it was you hit. Tapping it a second time will actually recognize that you intended to hit it. So when it comes to typing in a password or PIN, touching what you want to select twice in a row is the key. Same goes for selecting menu options, so keep that in mind too.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up S8, friend added voice assistance now won't read my pin number to unlock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Darby17

Ooo, I would be demanding my friend fix what they did. However, Voice Assistance (while it can be annoying) also works under specific rules. Normally when you first tap something on the screen it says what it was you hit. Tapping it a second time will actually recognize that you intended to hit it. So when it comes to typing in a password or PIN, touching what you want to select twice in a row is the key. Same goes for selecting menu options, so keep that in mind too.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Darby17
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I found that out the next day from a T-Mobile CAR.  I didn't mean to leave it on, it is off now.  Thanks  again