cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every time.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Most of the SMS I recieve don't fit in the Samsung limit without having to hit VIEW ALL > in a conversation view. Is there a way that this could be automatic, I mean, show all of the message in a conversation view without having to VIEW ALL each time?

I'm using a 3rd party app as I can't find a way around the stock version.

Thanks in advance.

D

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @DigbyAU, there is no way to do this with the default Text messaging app at this time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @DigbyAU, there is no way to do this with the default Text messaging app at this time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know a time estimate when this will be "fixed"?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userup5pul3RaU We are unable to speculate on future updates, but we will definitely post publicly anytime there is an update to features of the device. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would be amazing if this could be fixed ASAP. It is extremely frustrating to have to ask people to screenshot their text messages they sent in order for me to read them.  It is also frustrating for the person you are asking to have to do this. Yes it's not that big of a deal, but considering this wasn't an issue with older models and technology has come so far that this shouldn't even been a problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please fix this issue. It is extremely frustrating!! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is not solved and is pretty annoying. What's happening Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue definitely needs to be fixed. I'm using Android Messages now for this reason only .It's so annoying having to click view all. Please fix this Samsung, no one likes it! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add my voice - fix this now - having to expand messages in a new screen where you can't see previous messages - is stupid, annoying and aggravating - on a basic function that everyone uses multiple times daily.

Note 9 users are loyal historically - but if you ignore us and treat our opinions as unimportant - we're likely to go somewhere else next time. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Frustrating, yes.

Unconscionable that Samsung marked this issue as "SOLVED" when "UNSOLVABLE" or "WE DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THAT" would be the right description? Abso-freaking-lutely yet.

But stamping your feet and threatening to go elsewhere if someone doesn't pay attention to you and your specific issue? That's toddler-like behavior that is ignored by every company on the planet. Companies pay attention only to people who point out issues with clear, concise, *adult* language. And even then, you'll likely get nowhere. (As evidence by the horrific "ribbon" used by Microsoft in the Office Suite since 2007 that no one --- repeat NO ONE --- wanted, asked for, enjoys, or can use intuitively.)