cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In a few days it'll be 2020, this was not a problem in my note 5, now my note 10 = problem.  Grrr

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No Trevor this is not solved! I still don't understand why this feature can't be turned off.  It's extremely annoying. No other messaging app does this. 

It annoyed me so much I installed Google messages.  At least they listen to us when we ask if we can have certain features. 

I love my Samsung,  so many great things,  but this feature in your software is garbage! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"No way to do this..." Utterly unacceptable!! And total BS. It CAN be done. It's called software development and it happens all the time. This question was raised two years ago, so samsung chooses to inconvenience its customers.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please there needs to be a toggle to disable this, not liking the lack of choice regarding how messages appear.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is not the only problem with the current stock message app. I hadn't thought about this as I had no need to until lately, ,but I tired to forward a three part message from an iPhone user and when I clicked the first part it gave me the choice to forward. So I did just that, however... when I viewed the forwarded message it only had the first 1 or 3, not 2and 3 of 3. I manged to do it but I had to keep going back and and copy the next part then reopn the draft and paste etc.

I've been to hold so to speak to go back to iPhone becasue of physical reasons and now with the current world situation there is no way I'm going to a hospital to have my operation. Once they are resolved, I wili have no other choice but to go back to the iPhone. I don't know if this an Andrioid/Google problem or Samsung, however... it's getiing on my last raw nerve and my S9 and S10e will be auctioned off.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every ti

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yeah, still not solved. Typical engineers and designers trying to tell end users what they need/ want. It's really quite annoying.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Showing a full SMS message in the Samsung Messages app without having to hit 'View All' every ti

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel like adding my opinion is pointless, since Samsung has not yet made this an optional setting, but I know countless Samsung users (including myself) that HATE this so-called feature of tapping "view all" just to read the entirety of a message!

Nobody wants to open a new screen just to read a message. At the very least, "view all" should expand the message right there, eithin the messaging thread. However,  the best thing to do would be to eliminate this annoying, time-wasting, pathetic, and useless process of expanding a large message.

This is my biggest disappointment after using other smart phone brands. Get the picture, Samsung! Nobody likes this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too think it is really annoying - so I tried to switch to another message-app. Tried the Pulse app after reading some great reviews. But it annoys me that you can not receive pictures in the same thread!! When you receive them it comes in another text - so annoying... And I can not send videoes... Can someone recommend a freaking text message app that simply works??? How hard can it be! 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Adding another voice to yet an another  incredibly STUPID change by Samsung to the message app !!  I moved from an S5 to a Note 9 and thought i was getting the best out there.  First, it was the fact that I couldn't adjust the glaring white background screen with softer colors and themes as I could on the S5.  Now, I have to read a message in 2 parts!! For what friggin' purpose did anyone at Samsung think this was a good idea.  It is

@userBKvSGvuzid wrote:

I too think it is really annoying - so I tried to switch to another message-app. Tried the Pulse app after reading some great reviews. But it annoys me that you can not receive pictures in the same thread!! When you receive them it comes in another text - so annoying... And I can not send videoes... Can someone recommend a freaking text message app that simply works??? How hard can it be! 

@userBKvSGvuzid wrote:

the WORSE thing .  FIX IT OR GIVE US THE OPTION TO GO BACK TO AN OLDER VERSION OF THE APP

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was using Textra for a while when my Note 9 was unable to send emojis. I really enjoyed it actually, had some features I wanted & all that I needed & some I didn't know I wanted. The Show All feature doesn't bother me exactly but I did want to see if there was a way to disable it like there had been in the past on other phones. It is an inconvenience & would be nice to implement a choice.