cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthDallas40
Asteroid

Re: Single tap mode disappeared after one ui update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for this, but it is a real shame that we have to jump through hoops to enable such a basic funtion. Not happy at all! Samsung needs to fix this NOW!

userm7VRXsxzXy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why on earth this hasn't been updated to just permanently hide the assistant menu instead of it re-appearing after reboot is beyond me.  Don't know why they messed with this feature to begin with.  Just put single tap back to where it was initially or someplace else that does not involve this annoying assistant menu.

usertx2zwTWExy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is so frustrating i just found out that the galaxy s9 still keep this feature ?? so why were it removed from my s8 !

usercNyKzH289o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is something that happened to all galaxy s8 devices after the update, i did not notice till i read your post i am not really sure whether its intentional or not but probably it is like you said; some Apple style update BS.

usernTVtq8uW1M
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its also has been removed from s9 after latest update of 1 u. i

user3FPPLMUgNq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tap phone, settings, answering and ending call, select press volume up to answer. I don't have good dexterity due to arthritis so I was pretty upset about swiping due to the pressure needed to swipe. I have to use two hands just to answer using the volume up button. Hope Android/Samsung realizes this is a huge mistake for a lot of consumers.

usertx2zwTWExy
Asteroid

Re: Single tap mode to answer calls disappeared after one ui update model SM-G950FD

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i found out that enjoy such"Luxury" of having a single press instead of swiping to answer and end calls i have to enable the floating assistant menu then use that "Luxury" feature THANKS alot samsung next time i am buying a true andriod phone that do not do that Apple style BS.

userOjXaoYtJIy
Constellation

Re: Single tap mode to answer calls disappeared after one ui update model SM-G950FD

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just switched to the Galaxy S10+ and I noticed the feature is nowhere to be found, so it must be deeply tied into One UI. Let's hope Samsung puts it back in a following update.

Highlighted
Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu > Enable it, then scroll down to "Single tap to swipe" and Enable it. The annoying part is now you have the assistant menu floating around on all screens. But you can take the transparency to zero and make the menu size small.

userLCmrQH3NKb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Making compromises is for Apple users not us this is not acceptable by any means, was gonna buy the Galaxy s10 but now i will find another android phone that do not do such Apple, and yea i don't really care about people saying you will switch to another mobile for such silly thing cause i will cause i am the one paying 1000$ for the mobile i don't get it for free and such feature matter to me even if it doesn't matter to anyone idc, that's really it for me if they do not fix it the next update as a long time Samsung user the S4 then Note 4 then the S8.