cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThrowinRocks
Cosmic Ray

Smart Lock is Dumb?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once or twice a day Smart Lock stops working and I have to use my PIN to unlock my phone. Even a reboot does not fix the problem. I was told it's because it's near my Galaxy Tab 4 but I have bluetooth OFF on the tablet and never set it as a trusted device because I rarely take the tablet anywhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Smart Lock is Dumb?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThrowinRocks I have experienced the same issue.

Here is what worked for me:

I had to add literally 10 different secure locations around my house by hitting the recenter many different times, and manually dragging the location pointer, to a different latitude and longitude. I know Trusted Location is supposed to work within a radius, but it seems to have issues sometimes. Having many different locations at my house as 100% rid me of Smart Location not working.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ThrowinRocks
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:  It's getting worse. Went all day and was unable to use Smart Lock. I think Samsung and Google/Android need to find a fix.

userZ1vmQMhKTA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here! it's getting annoying on my Note 8!
userZ1vmQMhKTA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here! it's getting annoying on my Note 8!
ThrowinRocks
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If Samsung is like Apple they'll either ignore us or promise to fix it in the next update coming up next year

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThrowinRocks are you referring to Trusted Devices only, or Trusted Locations, or both?

ThrowinRocks
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum Mine is Trusted Locations. I've tried to remove and add new places but it never works. At my house I have to enter my passcode 10+ times before it starts working. 

If it was trusted Devices I'd look at my Bluetooth to see if there are issues because they do not work the same. One Trusted Locations work off GPS coordinates and Trusted Devices work off of Bluetooth.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ThrowinRocks I have experienced the same issue.

Here is what worked for me:

I had to add literally 10 different secure locations around my house by hitting the recenter many different times, and manually dragging the location pointer, to a different latitude and longitude. I know Trusted Location is supposed to work within a radius, but it seems to have issues sometimes. Having many different locations at my house as 100% rid me of Smart Location not working.

View solution in original post

ThrowinRocks
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks