cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2DYs3CC4eo
Astronaut

Smart Switch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just transferred my items from my S8 to my new S10, however some of the images in the gallery have not transferred.

For example, I have 1227 images in the camera. and only 1100 have transferred.

When looking through, some images/ videos appear to be in the Samsung Cloud and not on the phone, and I can only imagine it has something to do with this?

How can I 

1) download anthing to the device that is only in the cloud, and

2) get all of my items over to my S10?

Many thanks,

Karl

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user2DYs3CC4eo
Astronaut

Re: Smart Switch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually found a solution myself: Basically the images were stored ONLY in the Samsung Cloud, and would show as thumbnails in the Gallery app on the device. 

The solution was to select all of the items in the Cloud, download them to the S8 and then use Smart Switch again to transfer them all over on to my new S10.

Here's the path I took:

HOME SCREEN > SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS AND BACKUP > SAMSUNG CLOUD > GALLERY > RECENTLY ADDED > CLOUD ONLY > SELECT ALL > DOWNLOAD

Good luck!!! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend calling 1-800-Samsung (726-7864) so they can remote into your device directly and assist you further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2DYs3CC4eo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually found a solution myself: Basically the images were stored ONLY in the Samsung Cloud, and would show as thumbnails in the Gallery app on the device. 

The solution was to select all of the items in the Cloud, download them to the S8 and then use Smart Switch again to transfer them all over on to my new S10.

Here's the path I took:

HOME SCREEN > SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS AND BACKUP > SAMSUNG CLOUD > GALLERY > RECENTLY ADDED > CLOUD ONLY > SELECT ALL > DOWNLOAD

Good luck!!! 

View solution in original post

Zorobegins
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

actually its very easy to use. this is the correct path for it.

HOME SCREEN

Move to  SETTINGS

Move to  ACCOUNTS AND BACKUP

Move to  SAMSUNG CLOUD

Move to  GALLERY

Move to  RECENTLY ADDED

Move to  CLOUD ONLY

Move to  SELECT ALL

DOWNLOAD