cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userab32hcvqzk
Constellation

Re: Software Problems and Feedback after Pie Update on Galaxy S8

I agree with everything you just wrote, battery drains very quickly, camera is totally messed up the main reason I got the phone was for the features on the camera, using the video feature is very confusing and irritating, pro mode is almost non existent,  sometimes I don't get message notifications, especially when I'm on the phone talking and a message comes in I get no notification, not even a vibrate.  It turned off alot of my customized features on individual contacts, and it turned off alot of my settings. Fingerprint sensor doesn't work most times, the index on the contact screen doesn't stay up, it has to be prompted to come up and then doesn't stay very long.   On the whole I hate my phone now, before the update I loved it. Please fix it or give us away to undo the update.

Piehater

Maxozone
Asteroid

I bought a Note 9 outright because I was a fan, having a Note 4 for a few years. Just getting used to it and getting it set up when in the third week it updates and I wake to see a Fisher-Price toy. I burned up battery lost my contacts, camera did not work right, various things missing that I purchased,,,, 

I called the carrier and got a shrug, called Samsung and one of their techs said: "That is just the way it is, and they cannot roll it back" ..  Well how long it been that I have had 'stupid' written across my forhead??  I was given a Note 8 to use in the interem until maybe Google's band of crack programmers come out with a patch. So I put the shiney NOte 9 back inthe box and it just sits here gathering dust. 

This last week the Note 8 finally has succumbed to the forced update, and is part of the 'BORG'.

After writing on these blogs for months now, I am quite convinced that Google/Samsung is not monitoring them nor do they give a spit as to the opinions of the customers.  It is either that or they have not a clue what to do and as long as they can get away with it they will carry on. Shame on Samshmuck for allowing the ruin of such a good performer as the NOte had become. What is the motto now? "Fix it until it is broken"??

I am alsomst convinced that the only way to get them to budge is to join with the other owners who feel slighted in their lawsuit. 

I feel it is like a thief in the night coming in and stealing the things that I paid for. Sure we give them the contract which says that we will allow for software updates, but to yank the rug out from under us? Really?!?!?!Smaller phone.jpg

userAsDksbUBJ2
Asteroid

I hate this update, playing a game apparently slows down my whole phone. I used to run those games perfectly before Pie. Now its like the refresh rate lowers each time I play.

user0OW6LyTmxo
Astronaut

Worst Update EVER in the History of S8. 

userqqUNt4W1A7
Constellation

I also have same problems.

Battery drains alot more, and everything on the phone is slow.

As a bonus, Pie were a big degrade over previous one.

Also. drop down menu now takes whole screen instead of half screen.
Everything is too big now, too many functions is removed.

The easiest way to get Android 9 with Android 8 look from S8+, proper battery time, and a super fast system.
Galaxy S10+ have the same new terrible UI / Interface, so i couldn't buy S10+ for that reason.

Samsung's new slow and broken UI forced me to jump ship after 10 years, and buy a Huawei P30 Pro  to get rid of all these problems Samsung added to S8+, and also S10+ when it comes to interface.
Huawei P30 Pro have bigger battery and charges nearly 3 times as fast as Samsung's Fast Charging on S8+. Charges 10-90% in around only 20 mins. (Super Charging)
Fast Charging uses near 1 hour.

I won't buy Samsung phones until they change it back to the fast and far better one from Android 8.

Atleast Huawei uses Android 8 interface on Android 9. Smart move.

I will still buy non phone things from Samsung. 2 mains TV's is Samsung, and Washing machine and Fridge.

Highlighted
userw8pnKT7lV5
Constellation

I am using S8. Using the phone in perfect condition. As soon as I click on update Android version 9. My phone is spoil now!!  My screen turns green and its flickering. Please fix this issue althou it seems like they do this updates code error on purpose so we have no choice to buy new Samsun phones. Its their dark way of these companies pushing buyers like us to buy new. Whatever FIX THIS UPDATES back to normal!! 

userRSWpjthUCL
Astronaut

I hate this new update. It gets rid of almost everything I loved about my phone. If I wanted an iPhone, I would have bought an iPhone. This seems like a move by some people who don't know their own user base. I've been having nothing but problems, like new apps not showing up in the app drawer. I want my old emojis back. I was always so glad I didn't have the Apple emojis, like that god-awful ugly bear. Now my cute bear is gone. My next phone will almost certainly be a Google Pixel.

userDtMFBXjTIV
Constellation

Ever since this horrible update, that I did NOT do. (It automatically downloads itself now, and I dont know how) my text messages DO NOT WORK. Everytime I try to send my husband a message the message doesnt sent then the phone shuts down. Then I have to reopen the messages again and type all over again. Hopefully it's never a real emergency and I'm trying to get ahold of someone. Left iPhone because they were dishonest, and it seems samsung is starting to bark up the same tree.  Now my battery life is shot. And I'm super diligent on closing apps to preserve battery life.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userDtMFBXjTIV Are you using the default messaging app that came with the phone?