cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3VoS4mzl0Z
Astronaut

Software update March 2019

March software update has ruined my phone. Can I revert back to previous update. Is there others with the same issue. My phone calls are distorted. My video calls are impossible. I have little or no 4G connection, before the update I had really good 4G signal now I have Vol LTE.

I understand security issues needed updated but ffs leave the phone as it is, all my  buttons/logos have changed also, their all different colours and resembles something you'd find in a Nokia 3310. 

I hope Samsung are rolling out a new update or let me know if I can revert back to previous versions. 

15 REPLIES 15
user7eFg6s3QLF
Constellation

Re: Software update March 2019

I absolutely hate the update that was installed today.  I have to navigate further to find out if I can revert to some of the old settings and interfaces, but I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you.  Only commiseration.  The emojii stickers in the messaging app are completely juvenile and awful.  The new tandem (side-by-side) active windows/apps instead of former layered ones does not allow for rapid viewing of multiple applications.  It is incredibly clumsy to add multiple recipients to a group text message.  If you start a message and wish to add more recipients, it saves the original message as a draft, and switches you out to composing a brand-new message.  So annoying.

I was previously quite happy.  <edit>

Comet

@user7eFg6s3QLF wrote:

The new tandem (side-by-side) active windows/apps instead of former layered ones does not allow for rapid viewing of multiple applications. 

Try out the new full-screen navigation gestures. Once in the recent apps screen, slide the middle hint bar right or left to scroll through the running apps rapidly. Once you get to the desired app, lift your finger to bring that app to full screen. Alternatively, there are options in Good Lock to change the layout of the recent apps screen.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
user7TJ6TWe7wc
Asteroid

The Update is Android Pie with the new One Ui skin that is replacing Samsung Expirence. When I update my phone to Oreo and the to Pie it was laggy and glitchy for a few days. The phone just has to process all of the New additions with the update. Give it a few days and if your problems are still there talk to samsung support or something

userEzWy9qYvYk
Astronaut

The new Samsung apps look like they were designed by a First Grader!!!!!!  I would like the old ones back!!!!!!!!!!! 

useruBMYrb9CWA
Constellation

I also feel like my phone is ruined.  I said it as soon as I first used it.   I was wating to do the update at home Friday and either it self started, or I didnt see a popup and accidentally started it at work. 

First I didn't understand some of the new icons.  Then I noticed my Phone/Call icon was no longer on the home screen.  Took 2 days to figure out how to close 1 app, not all.  And my battery life drains at an arlarming rate when I am using the phone. 

Sunday morning a popup asked me about location permissions and backing out of it I came across apps working in the background.  Every app was turned on. I periodically check this when I see something is running in the background.  (The phone used to tell me this).  Can someone explain why a store or restaurant app needs access to my camera? Running in the background?

Just typing this I have watched my battery life go down 3%.  Really?  

Oh, and this morning I received a notification about a birthday tomorrow.   I turned off those notifications last fall.  It's like all my preferences have been reset to factory, everything is on.  

Please advise how to opt out of these changes or restore to previous settings, something.  And if it doesn't exisist at this time, please create it.

I am not against change.  I loved Windows 8.  I loved Windows phones, had several.  I was so excited for the Surface Phone.  And when the reality that it was never going to happen settled in, I bought a Galaxy and I love it.  Not as much, but it is a good phone.  Until this update.   Maybe it was just too many changes at once.  The look changed, how to do basic operations changed and program and preference settings changed, all in one update.  

Please help.  By the way, I've lost 2% more of my battery.  5% in 15 mins.  I call that alarming.

Thank you,

Deb

userU0IEUB5KGb
Asteroid

You can turn off automatic updates. It won't help you now but will let you know next time there is an update instead of installing automatically. That gives you a chance to research it before you install it. My husband just switched from iPhone to Galaxy and installed this update shortly afterward.  He was livid as it made all of the icons look like something for a kid and he couldn't find anything.  Unfortunately, you usually cannot uninstall it once you run it as I've had Galaxy phones for years and this isn't the first crappy update Samsung has pushed out. I get the security piece but will never understand why they don't leave the rest alone! If people want their icons changed, etc., there are apps for that!

userA4AZNokh8P
Constellation

I talked at length to Samsung, Sprint and the store tech re my S8.

Eventually Samsung said they could change it to original default mode.  But Sprint tech said it would still revert to current update and no way to avoid it.

Can't stand it!!! Cant read text messages I write with white letters on blue/green background.  Who does that??? White letters with an overall white background?  Everyone knows black reads clear, that's why it's used on eye exams.

The eliminated the Alphabet down the right side of S8 and the short one with tiny print pops up for a second and every 4th letter is missing.  So have to scroll continually to find a contact.

Just disgusted.

userU0IEUB5KGb
Asteroid

I will never understand why Samsung doesn't listen to customer feedback. I feel for you but appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm avoiding this update like the plague!

userhoFHsZdkdX
Constellation

I am furious over the massive changes. My phone is as a second desk top and I have not even began to figure out how to reprpgram my apps!!   was told by samsung I can revert back by an authorized dealer. IT is assine I have to click a button to NOT SEND A READ RECIEPT  with a text, EVERY TI ME!!! Ijust talked to one and he said it would wipe my phone and be iffy.