cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRzMBwZgFAc
Asteroid

Software

The Samsung S8 SM-G950U was purchased in the USA and brought to Ukraine, the smartphone does not receive manufacturer support, software updates, which version of the software should I download?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Pyro1
Explorer

Re: Software

Do you have a Computer?

If so download Smart Switch and connect your phone to it using the usb ports.

It will check your phone for updates and will give you the latest one.

userRzMBwZgFAc
Asteroid

Smart Switch does not update the operating system of my device, when connected, a message appears that the device has the latest update, the condition for updating my device is to find it on the Verizon USA network, this is the problem, and I am in Ukraine, so I want to download firmware android 9 and install via Odin. But I don’t know what version of firmware to download.

@userRzMBwZgFAc wrote:

Smart Switch does not update the operating system of my device, when connected, a message appears that the device has the latest update, the condition for updating my device is to find it on the Verizon USA network, this is the problem, and I am in Ukraine, so I want to download firmware android 9 and install via Odin. But I don’t know what version of firmware to download.

Shut it down, remove the SIM card, start it up, do a factory reset, shut it down, put the sim card in, start it, when it asks you if it should configure itself according to the sim card and the country it is in, agree, then proceed with installation.

userRzMBwZgFAc
Asteroid

Thanks friend, I'll try.

It wont recieve updates ever again because you put a Ukrainian SIM in it and Unlocked Snapdragon phones default to the first sim you put in the phone, and is permanently locked until you unlock it again.

userRzMBwZgFAc
Asteroid

Thanks for your reply, but how can I unlock my smartphone? Samsung service center operator said that you can only get an update to the operating system in the United States, in the network of Verizon operator, for this I need to cross the Atlantic)). I want to download the Android 9 Pie firmware, but I don’t know which region to enter. Here is my Model number SM-G950U Service Provider SW ver. SAOMS_SM-G950U_OYN_XAA_014098897a345134464a42 XAA/XAA/XAA    Baseband version G950USQU1AQDF.

userRzMBwZgFAc
Asteroid

How to unlock it? However, it works fine on the Vodafone Ukraine network.

Pyro1
Explorer

Smart switch automatically downloads the latest update for your phone and detects your region when installing it

Pyro1
Explorer

Is there a verison near you if so go over there or to their website and find the android pie update with your region on it.

Hope the best.