cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfirsad
Asteroid

Sometimes the camera struggles to foucus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sins I was at the pool and the phone got a little bit wet (I didn't enter it into the pool),

sometimes when I open the camera, its stuck on a close object focus and can't focus on objects that are not close. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes the camera struggles to foucus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @kfirsad

Sounds like you may want to send your device in for an evaluation and repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @kfirsad

Sounds like you may want to send your device in for an evaluation and repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kfirsad
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I shake the phone the camera back to normal again for some time. There are a lot of complaints about this issue, Samsung you have to do something!

Highlighted
userXi7jeCRYLZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UK owner for 6 weeks - now it's 22nd Aug 2017 - So, I am having pretty much the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8 everybody else is describing - intermittently, when I click the camera icon, the camera starts up but will not focus until I tap the side of the phone, then it springs to life and works fine.

Before tapping the phoneBefore tapping the phone

I have owned the phone less than two months.

So far, I have been back to the Samsung (Experience) Store twice - the first time, after they insisted it must be an issue with an app I have installed, they caved in and switched the camera module.  All OK for a day or so, then boom!  Intermittent focus issue returned - back to the store.

This time, they replaced the camera motherboard - I got it back at 5pm last night and, hey presto - the problem is back at 12:00 noon today.

Apparently, the Samsung 'Experience' Store can't return the phone to Samsung unless the same issue has been reprted three times - I guess it's finally going back now!

So - here's an interesting thing that I have found, but it's inconclusive ...

I have only really installed one App that I use the camera for - Whatsapp ... and, while it doesn't seem to matter whether I use the Samsung Camera icon OR the Camera icon in Whatsapp - it does seem to go wrong more frequently with Whatsapp than with the on-camera app?

When reinstalling all my apps, I made sure to give all the necessary permissions for Whatsapp ... am I barking up the wrong tree?

Frankly, as tapping the side of the camera fixes the focussing, it's clearly a mechanical issue, but could it be that the 'controller' for the mechanics is somehow 'freezing' under certain circumstances?

#Samsung #Galaxy #S8 #focus #problem #intermittent #issue #whatsapp