cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Grayishmatters
Asteroid

Sound Pauses/Stops

When I play music/video (from Amazon music, Pandora, Audible audibooks) the sound will stop playing. the device will still be connected to the bluetooth, but it pauses the song. I have to go in and push play for the song/book to ressume. 

I checked the battery settings and nothing has changed with the apps in running in the background. 

I updated my phone recently so I am unsure if the issue comes from this. Please help. Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20
Honored Contributor

Re: Sound Pauses/Stops

@Grayishmatters wrote:

When I play music/video (from Amazon music, Pandora, Audible audibooks) the sound will stop playing. the device will still be connected to the bluetooth, but it pauses the song. I have to go in and push play for the song/book to ressume. 

I checked the battery settings and nothing has changed with the apps in running in the background. 

I updated my phone recently so I am unsure if the issue comes from this. Please help. Thank you.

@Grayishmatters 

See if any of your media/audio apps are being optimized, if they are, turn off for each of the apps

Go to settings>tap on magnifying glass> and type Optimize, then select Optimize battery usage. Once there, tap on Apps not optimized and select All. From the list find your app and if it is optimized, then turn it off

Grayishmatters
Asteroid

@Charkatak - Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your suggestion- turning off the Optimized setting. But it did not work. 

One song played and during the second song, it paused.

Thanks,

userkvCdh3kudh
Constellation

I also have this problem on an S9 after a recent Android security update. I have checked for optimized apps and other power saving features. Because this happened with multiple apps after a security update I imagine that the update introduced a bug. Does anyone else have ideas about how to fix this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What type of device are you using? Are you only experiencing these symptoms on third-party music apps?

Grayishmatters
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam I am using a Galaxy S8 - I am experiencing  the issue on all my audio enabled apps. AmazonPrime Video, Netflix, Pandora.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device with Samsung Music?

Grayishmatters
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam Yes i do.

I just downloaded the Samsung Music app to test and upon testing the song paused 3 seconds into the song.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Have you tried to wipe the cache partition on your device? Do you have any power modes set on your device?

Grayishmatters
Asteroid

yes, i wiped the cache. 

and no, no power modes set.

btw- Thanks for trying to help me out with this