cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound Picker App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This link should help with getting the phone into safe mode.

usergLetiAKUyA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Tried all to rid myself of sound picker but nothing worked. Trying to change ringtone , always reverts back to Samsung theme in sound picker as soon as you click on 'add' in ringtones, so pick ringtone and don't click on 'add'.....and it works!!!
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergLetiAKUyA have you tried:  Go to settings>apps>click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select system apps, scroll down to sound picker and click on set as default and clear the defaults. The next time it pops up and asks don't allow.

userx636GM50IR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't click add. Instead, choose your ringtone of choice from your phone and press the back button instead of "Add"  At least that's what has continued to work for me when individualizing ringtones for contacts. Prior to this I was choosing a new ringtone from the dropdown list and pressing the "Add" at top right of that page thinking I was adding my choice to the specific contact. Thats when the Sound Picker popup permissions showed up. Now the ringtone gets applied to my contact when I press the back button.

In app settings, press three dots. Dropdown box lists system apps. That's where Sound picker is located. I couldn't uninstall it. No capability to do so. 

uservfirQYZMOG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and have tried all the solutions here without any success. A wasted half an hour just to get a reasonable ringtone that is not some random file I happened to record....

Highlighted
Teeare1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's not in either place that I can find. This S8 has been a NIGHTMARE after having the S5.
userzUeIpqHQ8W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are they?

userTwsGN58QvL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also unable to change ringtones or alarms because I get redirected to Sound Picker, which only has 3 sounds in it - none of which are the ones I want. 

Instructions for how to delete Sound Picker shared previously in this thread dont work for me. How can i get rid of this stupid app that I never wanted in the first place???

jgribbin
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been unable to locate a "sound picker" app on my S8

WhiteOrbs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > and click the top right corner one with three dots. Then click on "show system apps" and scroll down til you see sound picker. Click "sound picker" then under sound picker click "set as default" and the "reset all defaults"