Did you mean: 
jgribbin
Halo

Re: Sound Picker App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I go to that location and:

It says "None set as default"

There is a button labeled "CLEAR DEFAULTS" , but it is greyed out

The only choice I appear to be able to change here has to do with supported URLs, it is currently set to "Always Ask", but I have no idea what I would change it to nor has this ever asked. 

I did change "Permissions" to allow storage.  I'm not seeing anything else here that seems to be worth changing

Teeare1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This suggestion took me to the SOUND PICKER app under System Apps, but I was still unable to change ringtone. This is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Teeare1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exactly!!! S8 has been a NIGHTMARE!
userw5aH1F3bHR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, and I would like to know if Samsung Music and Picker Sound have relation, because they have the same logo and when I dowload Samsung Music I delete all the traks and the same thing happened with Picked Sound window.

The Samsung Music does not recognized the ringtones, have somebody the really solve of that?

Does I have to add my ringtones to the Samsung Musicc app?

How can I do it?

Do somebody know how download traks to Samsung Music?

YQ

userpJl6VCZILW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had recordings downloaded from s5 to s9+. Cannot find any previous unnamed personally recorded files on any Samsung s9+ music apps. I wanted to choose a ringtone for a contact and saw "add" option, SOUND PICKER; and there were ALL my recordings!!! But I cannot access to retrieve to playback in other s9+ music apps. What do I do? (I downloaded a voice recorder in hope it work. It did not.)

jgribbin
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem that cropped up a few weeks ago.

All of my notification sounds went away. As in, I seem to have found the directory they're kept in and the folder was empty.

I found a "boing" notification sound and have been making do with it. It works, but it's getting a little old only having 1 notification sound for everything.

I can find no "sound picker app" in my phone nor the play store. I can find plenty of 3rd party apps to install notification sounds, but nothing that would appear to get me back to what I had originally.

SM-G950U

Android vers - 8.0.0

Samsung Experience ver - 9.0

Carrier - Cricket

userbvunACFohC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this issue as well.  Brand new phone today. No sound picker app to uninstall but when I try to change ring tones I get the one sound set by sound picker and can't change it.

userBwWOhtgJeU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue.

@userbvunACFohC wrote:

I'm having this issue as well.  Brand new phone today. No sound picker app to uninstall but when I try to change ring tones I get the one sound set by sound picker and can't change it.

Teeare1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I as well.
userVFhnFFp13x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is no help,  there is nothing in the search and nothing in google play to uninstall anything of this Sound picker .