cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Speakerphone volume too loud

When on speakerphone in call, it is still too loud for me at lowest level. If I'm put on hold for 15-30 min I'm forced to listen to loud commericals and ringing, beeping etc and can't concentrate on other tasks without turning off speakerphone and checking back in from time to time. 

Seems to me there should be a gradual gradation of sound between the call speaker and speakerphone to find a comfortable volume. Instead there is a huge gap. Many wasted hours could be better spent with speakerphone at a background level while getting work done and not annoying to others in my environment. 

Also, is this an issue with the 10 series? I'm afraid to buy another phone with the same issue? 

6 REPLIES 6

Just checking, but you have tried turning the volume down...

Just checking, but you have tried turning the volume down, right?

userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Re: Just checking, but you have tried turning the volume down...

I said at the lowest level it's still too loud. So yes, I'm complaining that the volume does not go down far enough. 

Samsung_UrGDPRy
Astronaut

No there is not much you can do about that I would sugges...

No there is not much you can do about that I would suggest to get a headset I have an older phone because I am not really ready to upgrade

userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Re: No there is not much you can do about that I would sugges...

Thanks, I think I'm allergic to even the silicone ear buds. They all burn and don't fit plus I want to put the phone down and work or walk around not be tethered to anything. . I was kind of hoping developers would pick up on this and fix it.

The volume at the highest level on phone call, should reach the volume at the lowest level on speakerphone so that you don't have a large gap in volume. I wonder if they are aware of this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

During a call, if you look at the screen, do you see three dots in the upper corner? If so, select that and look for an option that says In Call Volume. If this option is available, it should allow you to adjust the volume lower while on the call.

Highlighted
userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Yes I have the three dots upper right corner, but the only options I see are One-way video, View Contact, Send Message, Emergency Call. What should I be seeing that would help?