cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silvestre46
Asteroid

Re: Spontaneous screen crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not dropped my phone and if i had i wouldn't be complaining about it, if i dropped my phone why would i put pictures showing the exact detail of it? Makes no sense what you are saying. If not here to support then don't comment anything please. I had the case before ordering my phone. When arrived i apply the screen protector and case to it. I have had samsung phones since the s4. I dont care if you believe me or not i just show proof and told my story. Besides for everyone is not fair at all to be paying for a defect on a phone. Numerous cases have been found with this issue going back to the s5. Again please save your words if not to be contradicting. 

Also samsung told me about the overheating issue ( or did i dropped it as you said and cause that too?) And is not covered and ill pay to be checked 

Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I pre ordered my s8 and received early and I've dropped mine 3 times and one of those times I didn't have my case on! No scratches, no cracks! I'm very impressed with my s8! 

userIFLrMTDZ6O
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not a problem with those reporting the flaw in the phone.  It's a problem with the phone.  See attached photos.  My objetive it not to get something for free, it's to warn potential buyers of the S8 what they might be getting into.

userattSm1LiKQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here...new phone with case and $55.00 glass screen, fine when I left in the car.  30 minutes later when I went to get it, the screen was cracked. I have had it 2 months.

Don't buy this phone!

userIFLrMTDZ6O
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my S8+.  Just over 2 weeks after I bought it I discovered hairline cracks on the back of the phone, which is made of glass just like the front. The cracks are spreading from a location near the side.  I have done a little research and seen that this problem is common with Samsung phones.  Clearly, this is a real issue despite what some have written on this thread.  Well, at least our phones are not bursting into flames!  I have purchased a lot of Samsung products in the past, but not sure I will purchase any more.

Aeradore
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went in to Sam's Club to buy an iPhone 7S. The Galaxy S8 looked too fragile to me and I worried about the screen cracking so I wasn't going to purchase it.

While doing the paperwork to purchase the iPhone 7S the sales guy dropped his personal Galaxy S8, with no screen protector or case, face down on the cement floor by accident from a height of about 4 feet while he was texting. Not a single scratch or crack.

His response? Happens to me all the time. Needless to say, I decided NOT to get the iPhone 7S and grabbed a Galaxy S8 with Premium Care that day.

I haven't had any issues with it thus far. I occasionally use an Otterbox Defender case, no screen protector, use it with my VR headset, and charge it with the included charger or my wireless charger. No getting hot or over heating or anything like that.

Maybe you all got defective phones or something but I'm not seeing a single design flaw with mine.

userIFLrMTDZ6O
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if the problem will be experienced in all of the phones, but it is a problem in mine.  I have never dropped it even a quater of an inch.  The cracks just spontaniously appeared.   Perhaps I did just receive an abberently  defective phone.  But as you can see reading just this thread, I am not alone.  Good luck.

user6lLzpyZhf8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the exact same problem. Long cracks down the back on one side. I have always had my Otterbox case on and have never dropped it once. I didn't even know the back was glass on my S8 Plus it I might have gone with the Active or another brand. What is even worse if that this cracked glass is causing some instability inside that affects not only the phone listening speaker, but the bottom speaker as well if moved a certain way. So basically this expensive, pretty, metal looking phone is held together by a glass house. Their special innovative glass/metal bonding is a joke. I've had this phone for a little over three months and have never broken a front screen, much less a back side.
usergKR93MKCgf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ditto - just wanted to add my name to this list - same exact thing happened with my four weeks old s8.

It was fine before i put the phone in my jeans front pocket but when i took it out a little while later, lower right portion had multiple cracks - there was no mishandling at all on my part.

useraMs0F6r2Cw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had Samsung since they first started coming out.  Ungraded to a Samsung S7 a year ago.  I am now on my third cracked screen.  The first was when I left my phone on counter face down for about 3 hours.  Counter was granite if that matters.  I picked it up and screen was absolutely cracked beyond what I thought a screen could crack.  The second time I dropped it from about 3 feet up and it cracked the screeen and the LCD and it started to bleed and was shot.  I had a protective case on it and a screen protector.  These first two times were covered under my extra insurance I pay for every month plus the deductibles.  The last time I picked up phone from being repaired I had it for 24 hours.  Picked it up after supper and it was not responding properly.  I went straight to place where I got it and the guy found a tiny crack in bottom left of screen.  It was cracked in the screen and the LCD.  My only option now is to early upgrade for 489.00, plus price of new phone on a plan or get it fixed with no warranty coverage as they only cover 2 repairs for 450.00.  I have never, ever had any screens repaired on any previous Samsung phones.  I have always had a case and screen protector on my phones.  This Samsung S7 has had three cracked screens in 12 months.  Something is not right with these phones!!!.  I guess I will be leaving Samsung as I have read about the S8 and there have also been alot of mystery cracking going on.  I have dropped past phones and have had no problems with them getting cracked screens.  Not happy!!@!