cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGWJvDKwAZc
Constellation

Re: Spontaneous screen crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have commented on this before, but you need to stop saying it's covered by default with in the first 30 days because it is not! In my previous comment I forgot to mention I had a screen protector and phone case my otter box. Phone was in my pocket and it still cracked. I had purchased the protection plan to get repairs for my phone that I just bought a few days ago! Samaung said they could not repair because my "protection plan" was not activated while my phone cracked accidentally. Also, sense i didn't call the same day of the crack happens they couldn't help me fix it. Any future new damages to my phone won't be covered because of existing physical damage when it was accidental. My phone carrier says they can't fix it because they don't have the parts from Samsung yet and the s8 has been out sense April. Plus my carrier said costs will be around $200.

Beyond frustrated I'm not given a solution to fix my phone. Never buying Samsung products again. Switching to apple.

Highlighted
userRFurTsz3ia
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Strangely, my screen cracked on the Galaxy Note 8, when it is less than a year old and it's in the Samsung case. No, I did not drop it yesterday. I have dropped it, but it never cracked any of those times. It just happened yesterday, when nothing happened to the phone. I was leery of the design, but I had never had a problem before so I risked it. Stupid warranty doesn't cover anything and now likely to pay a lot of money for a repair on a design flaw? I don't think my next phone will be Samsung after all.

Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your half ads premium care does nothing. You still have to pay a deductible. 

userdsCIaAXMwj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crack??? I plugged mone into the original charger and not even 90 sec later I heard a pop and my screen looks like it was thrown against the wall... I spoke to ATT and they say Its not cover cause it has a cracked screen... I mean come on This is the sec time 6 months... First time I plugged it in and it smelled like my house was burning down... Samsung u have a manufacturer flaw on these phones and u need to do something about it for every person on this message board because I'm calling the Attorney General ASAP!!! I have had enough!!! 

KSChaote
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Should the quote from Walk in Center local to me be the same as the mail in price quoted here online?  They seem to be more expensive for a screen repair.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@KSChaote It would depend on the walk in center you went to. Many walk in repair shops set their own prices and so the prices vary by location. 

uservyLdtGo1UV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, but mine is weird. I set my phone down on my bed, picked it up and the screen cracked. I wish I was making this up lol. I haven't had a cracked screen in 10 years.  

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check out that link I provided for Walk in Service Centers @uservyLdtGo1UV. Our technicians can help you get that repaired. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservyLdtGo1UV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the premium care. How much will it be to fix my screen?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even better! They have their own support team that you can call here: 1-800-640-0206. They're open 7 days a week from 9am-9pm.

Have you contacted them yet? If not, give them a call! Glad you got that extra coverage, it definitely comes in handy. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.