cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Storage Space "Other" Filling

Screenshot_20200525-231927_Device_care[1].jpg

I add up all the memory I have used still haven't exceeded 64gb, where are the hidden big file in my storage.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Storage Space "Other" Filling

Give this a try: go to settings > device care > storage > tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on storage settings, can you please provide me with a screenshot?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Screenshot_20200526-152324_Settings[1].jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend clearing the cache for the Gallery, Samsung members app, files app. Go to settings > apps > tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on show system apps> tap on each app individually > tap on storage and clear the cache. Also I would recommend going to the Gallery app > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on trash and see if you have any pictures in the trash

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have done every completely as you mention which is clearing every single app caches and clean my trash bin in the gallery but the result doesn't have big changes which are only spacing up 2gb of my storage. Do you have a better solution to seek out the big file in my phone storage?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend backing up your device and performing a factory reset. Give this link a try for steps to back up your device and perform a factory reset: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/