cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Storage space "other" filles overnight after Feb 2020 security patch

Ran update and all of a sudden have no storage left. See screen shotScreenshot_20200222-220724_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-220619_My Files.jpg

I undid hidden files,  sorted by largest files, shows nothing. I cannot figure out how to see what's in the other section. Says 30.9 GB is apps, what's using the other 33.11 GB? Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Storage space "other" filles overnight after Feb 2020 security patch

So far I've only been able to identify Samsung Members as a major storage user (23gb!). I've uninstalled it, but have also noticed that Other Storage I'd continuing to increase in size with no new data being added. 

I've tried turning wifi & mobile data off, and just the act of going through menus is causing this storage file to increase by .03-.07GB with every menu screen change.

I've bought some time with removing as much as possible, but this had better not turn out to be Samsung's version of forced obsolescence like what Apple does, with a background process that makes the storage analyzer believe it's running out of space with a BS temp imaging file that you can't find or clear out without serious developer tools and digging.

That not being standard is one of the main reasons I prefer Samsung devices, but if this turns out to be the case, I may just save myself the $1000 I was going to spend on an S20 Ultra and get a Pixl.

Highlighted
Constellation

Have a Samsung S9+  and aas at 1% remaining space on Internal Drive and as suggested removed Samsung Mebers and Samsung Cares and regained 41% space on Internal Drive.

Samsung WHAT HAPPENED!!!! How could you allow such APPs take this much space!!  

Go figure they would have this issue arise at the 2 year anniversy of the S9+ .  Are you are hoping we are dumb and think we would automatically think we should upgrade to Samsung 10+ ??  Dont think so!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I will say do a factory reset. Backup your data and do that.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey!! Just uninstall device care update that should help you with you problem, the new up date took away the clean button. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Astronaut

Try deleting apps they are taking up more of your storage

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also have this problem on my Tab S3, I've spent hours trying to figure this out and I think it is a miss allocation of space. In analyzing usage I looked at very large files, what I've found is the files clearly shown stored in my one drive account (Microsoft) are reporting local space allocation while the path to the file is pointing to the onedrive.