cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingami
Constellation

Suggestion about screen protectors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry if this has been posted in the past and I'm repeating a post but they're so many post I couldn't find it if there's is one!

Why dosen't Samsung make there own hardened screen protectors for their curved edge phones?

I have a Galaxy s8+, I have tried numerious hardened glass protectors, none fit correctly. It's either the top &/or bottem edges either don't stick properly &/or the curved edges don't adhere at all.  The closest I've come is with Zagg protectors. However, their screen protector for the Galaxy s8+ comes up very short in the length a bit over an 1/8", and I have noticed their specs for their Galaxy s8 & s8+ screen protectors are the exact same demensions. Isn't the s8+ a bit bigger than the s8?

Anyhow I'm being told that because of the proprietary screen size for Samsung screens, Zagg has to make them a bit different tas to not infring on Samsung. And I understand that!

So, back to my question, why dosen't Samsung make a hardend glass screen protector for their phones? especially their curved edge screens since they don't have to worry about infringing on their own proprietary rights. I would think a cool $50, (usd), per protector would be a tidy profit. They already have all the specs. needed so not much  inital R&D needed there. They already are making the screens not much additional to figure out here. 

seems a "no brainer to me" & I think many others out there as well! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion about screen protectors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Axrillix

Will do!

@kingami

Thanks for your post. I know there have been a lot of people commenting on the difficult nature of finding screen protectors for the new 'curvy' screens. I totally agree too! I'm going to pass along your feedback and suggestion for Samsung making their own.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@kingami,

This is a good observation... The same problem plagued the S7 Edge. Either the screen protector couldn't stick to the surface or it wasn't the right size. 

I think this is a good idea. I'll pass it on to the right person. Thanks for the suggestions!

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv mind passing this on?

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
kingami
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thx, looking forward to seeing something great  coming out of Samsung, as always!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my S8+ since April and I've already lost count as to how many screen protectors I've gone through. You're right; they don't stick properly and dust ends up getting in between the screen and the protector and when I can't take it any longer I end up ripping off the protector simply to clean the screen. 

I purchased a new protector last week and after sitting around a bonfire with the neighbors over the weekend I came home to find ash sitting between the protector and screen. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY! 

I need to find a good protector that seals the edges before I go crazy(ier)!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Axrillix

Will do!

@kingami

Thanks for your post. I know there have been a lot of people commenting on the difficult nature of finding screen protectors for the new 'curvy' screens. I totally agree too! I'm going to pass along your feedback and suggestion for Samsung making their own.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user18CP97q7kI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Clayco brand phone cover for my S8+. I was drawn to it because it offers 360° coverage. No other case does that. The screen protector part of it fits perfectly, side screens work, and it is all part of a triple phone cover defense (not a peel and stick screen cover). Check them out on Amazon, maybe it might be a good solution for you. It doesn't suggest adding additional screen protection underneath theirs, so if you're not into traditional screen protectors like me, then this might work for you.

userUa8TwWPeB3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've went through 2 moshi ion glass for my s8, for good reason though. I dropped my phone on a concrete bench and completely shattered it. Pulled off the moshi protector and everything was fine. My only issue is that their is a gap all the way around the edge that gets dirty and very noticeable when you don't clean it. As far as sensitively it's the best I've come across and I had 3 different glass protectors before I went with moshi ion glass. I was going to buy a 3rd but it's been a while and I wanted to check for something better.