cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPQZA5WjJwQ
Asteroid

Syncing Gallery to Phone. Need advice

Im a bit confused about how syncing works with gallery.

I backed up all my data before i got an insurance replacement phone. Everything has restored itself correctly but i havent synced gallery yet. If i turn on sync for gallery will it download everything on the gallery onto my new phone? im just afraid that if i press sync its going to delete all the data and replace it with whats on my new phone (nothing). Perhaps its an irrational fear but i just wanted to make sure before i go ahead.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Syncing Gallery to Phone. Need advice

As long as you are logged into the same accounts as before, it will restore your Gallery.

userPQZA5WjJwQ
Asteroid

I've synced but only about a quarter of the content is appearing in my phones gallery. Any ideas?

userPQZA5WjJwQ
Asteroid

And also a large majority of the content appearing is videos. A lot of content missing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When you log into your Samsung account do you see the pictures there?

userPQZA5WjJwQ
Asteroid

Yeah everything's there.

userPQZA5WjJwQ
Asteroid

Ok so turns out I was just impatient and it actually just took a bit of time to sync everything. 

I have encountered another issue though. I'm now trying to download everything in gallery to my internal storage. As each image or video is downloading it's putting everything out of order and changing the image date to today. Is there any way to download it all and keep it in order?

Samsung_r2ux1CO
Astronaut

It will not erase your pics and replace them with the new...

It will not erase your pics and replace them with the new phones blank memory but to be perfectly safe and have no worries sync all videos and pics to Google drive or google photos then no matter what phone you have or switch to you can sync and retrieve your pics videos etc. Guaranteed with no worries or accidental losses.