Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BoosTang23T
Cosmic Ray

Re: Text Message Sound Notification Not Working on S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this... Issue solved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOCrzGjH98

This video is to show how to fix no notification alerts from Messaging app on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, S9, and S9 Plus. Some users are not getting any tones, notifications, or anything when a message is received. Please note this video is for Android 7.x and before. On Android 8.x the ...
userQt8JxaAjuO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey any idea about how to get a message preview on the home and lock screen. My text messages show up as an icon but Viber and messenger only show at the top when unlock and go into the phone.

usery5qhdsd2S0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. All settings are as shown in the video and still no notification sounds. Unable to even preview the sounds in the default messaging app.  Please investigate this further as it's unacceptable for a flagship phone to have this issue.

user0mEqgr79cB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked perfect.. 

Thank you..!! 

userfOcns7abjl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I followed the instruktion but still i have problem with the message notification. Still dont working.
ladylove99
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem for a week.  I reset my app preferences by going to settings>apps>3dots on top right>reset app preferences.  Then I went back in and set up the apps I wanted notifications from.  I started getting notifications from all apps, but there was no sound.  I have the CM Security Master app on my phone, it was giving me notifications as well.  I clicked on the notification, it took me inside the app.  I then clicked on "NOTIFICATION CLEANER" then click on settings in top right corner.  Turn On>Apps-Don't Disturb>ALL of my apps were checked.  This is why I wasn't getting any notifications at all.  I unchecked the apps I wanted to get notifications from and it has been working fine.  Remind you If you have the CM Security Master App, this could be the problem.  It was for me.

userDmfb6nUFJ9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much this worked for me amazing after trying everything and getting so frustrated for 3 days I found you. Lady love 99

userbIfxidfeO6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to delete some old masseges. That should help.

userxfU1QkbMhV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not solved....for me.  I already had my settings where they should be.  There isn't anything else that I can find that caused my messaging sound to just stop.

userbwj5IKh5QV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved my problem by presing volume button , then in the slider appered for ringtone clicked "V" icon - additional sliider appeared and Notification slider was on 0 position - I set it higher position - it works now!