cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Text Messages Disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To our newest posters here in this thread, just a few questions!

Are you using the stock Messages app? Are the people who you're noticing messages deleting from in your contacts?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user94aUiVu5HQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I am using the stock messaging app - when I hit send on a text to a contact as part of a conversation ALL messages to/from everyone disappeared.

the text apparently sent as i later got a reply...

veryone is still in my contacts.

user94aUiVu5HQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Should have said.... I have a Galaxy S5 neo not an S8.... I was searching on the issue rather than the phone model

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user94aUiVu5HQ

Can you please clear the Messages Application cache? Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user94aUiVu5HQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI viv

Have just done that in application manager / messages / storage (cleared just cache, not data).

What was this supposed to achieve?

The messages received/sent since the disappearance are still there but not the ones that disappeared...

user94aUiVu5HQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

aaaand... phone has just shut down and restarted spontaneously while using chrome browser... when it came back, a bunch of messages sent/received last night had disappeared...

Any more suggestions Samsung mods??

userJy0UIR1hbi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any FIX for this, Samsung? Just got a new S8 because the battery swelled and phone casing came apart on my S7 edge. Have used the stick msg app a few times and texts disappeared in front of my eyes. Did this on my S7, also. Super irritating!!!!!! 

user1tgZPmeTJH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have identified that it seems to only happen when my texts are between samsung and samsung phones.   when its between samsung and apple - my texts save no problem.

userH5mHlDeRMD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue from me. When I see messages between me and another Samsung user my messages disappear and I am missing important messages because of it. The first time I thought my boss had some app that was doing it for encryption or something but its happening more often and it is annoying 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To our newest posters, there are a few different suggestions in this thread that helped others. In this case I would advise looking through the suggestions and trying them out.  Smiley Happy