JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text Messages Disappearing

(Topic created on: 9/5/18 6:27 PM)
userxS3lvkU71r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Why are some of my text messages disappearing? I've had two separate conversations with two different people and an hour later when I go back to look at my messages, they are gone. One of my texts was from a client of mine and I needed that text for the phone number.  Is anyone else having this issue?

176 Replies
Roman363
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

This just happened to me today, 10/3/18, I was texting with my significant other when I went to go and check some previous text atleast a week before and realized that all text messages from 04/29/18 to 9/29/18 are completely gone. I want to know what can be done because those five months have a lot of meaning to them and I really want them back. This is the first time that this has ever happened and I am very frustrated that nothing can be done. I have attempted to follow the steps in this forum but nothing seems to be working

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

0 Likes
userfq2ydZTO9Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Yes, this happened to me on Friday, 5/11/18. I needed info that I texted to my daughter. When I checked my text

messages 5/14, that message was gone! The text that I sent to my daughter with the info was also gone on her

i phone. She said she never erases her texts! I have a Samsung Galaxy. Does anyone have any info on why this 

would happen?

userHqJTSqyapV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

I am having the same issue. I was just texting a friend about an hour ago. His most recent text preview showed in my notification bar up top, but when I went to his message our history was completely cleared. This has happened once before. Also, I notice when I do receive messages, it'll show  up in my notification bar  but when I open the app, it's not there. Or my most recent text messages dont show up. I have to search the contact and then open the message to see their most recent message. 

0 Likes
userfyvitiE9Q6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

Yes, this happening to also. Very frustrating.  

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S8

Were you able to try the solution presented earlier in this thread?

0 Likes
userX4ObcrHDtj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S8

Yes. I'm having the disappearing messages too and don't know what to do about it. Did you solve the problem?

0 Likes
userMgDNjj5vBi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

This is happening to me. Did you find a resolution?

0 Likes
userzSciMds1Tj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S8

Nope. Still happening. I turned off "delete old messages" and messages to other Samsung users still disappearing. Today 2 messages in a group text (3 people in clouding myself... the other 2 were iPhone users) were not received until hours later. I'm stockpiling screenshots with the intent to go to AT&T/Samsung and complain... but, honestly, I'm about over it. Definitely replacing this phone when my contract is up in a few months. And I am anti-iPhone/Apple... but may switch. -_-

0 Likes
userbEjKaRkMoB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S8

I'm having the same problem. I called sprint a few times to complain. They'll troubleshoot and it stops but then it starts happening again. 

0 Likes