cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTLeOElDpV0
Constellation

Re: Text Messages Disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  I appears to be after the recent Update to my phone.   I had no issues 1 month ago. 

userqARujZw0yd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy s8 and am having the same issue. I just sent a text at 3:30pm and can't find it at all. It was an important message. How do I fix this? I checked and it looks like I'm updated.

userI7qn2Glffl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy Note 8. I receive text messages from a non saved contact. Only to go back to it a few hours later, GONE!! I need help, this cannot happen. My clients send me important information via text, and to have them vanish for no reason!!! I checked all my settings, I do not have "delete old messages" activated, it's off. Please help

userDuE4evnQLz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this happening to a few random contacts and it was frustrating. The one thing in common with the contacts for whom my phone would not save text message history is when I viewed their Contact profile there was a What'sapp version of the contact. This is an option like Google, Phone, Samsung, etc. I am sure I could have figured out how to delete the what'sapp version of the contact, but I just deleted whstsapp and it solved my issue. I never contacted these particular contacts via what'sapp. I can't really explain how their what'sapp profile became part of my contacts. But after months of being frustrated by this, I cautiously optimistic I've resolved it. 

Highlighted
userrMFYgpXJqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had only one conversation disappear. I don't remember deleting it, as I rarely do! I have a Samsung Galaxy LUNA pro.  Also-- on my info for the device says it's a different model: Galaxy j3 pop (i think)

Should I be alarmed?

How do I change this ? Or is it one in the same??

userkXcx5QUWoT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you by chance also use a Samsung smart watch? I have finally figured out that if you delete messages from your watch, it deletes them from the phone as well.

So as long as you don't delete any messages from your watch, they will remain on your phone. It's unfortunate that Samsung hasn't fixed this yet, but that's what I have found. Good luck

userKOYQW86Yev
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How about you just let me go back to the old UI OS or make a new OS that actually works. Im so about this update. 

usercrTgPwsV7z
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with the note 9. Went to the store and i called and restarted and everything is up to date and ita still happending. I am so over this. You charge so much for ohomes for you guys not to have an answer for this. What is going on

Rindan
Asteroid

Having this issue on my j6☹😠😭🤙🏼

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having this issue on my j6☹😠😭🤙🏼

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrHq9qHiWl1 Are you using the native messaging app that came with the phone?