cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxS3lvkU71r
Asteroid

Text Messages Disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are some of my text messages disappearing? I've had two separate conversations with two different people and an hour later when I go back to look at my messages, they are gone. One of my texts was from a client of mine and I needed that text for the phone number.  Is anyone else having this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Text Messages Disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

159 REPLIES 159
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userxS3lvkU71r

Are you using the stock Messages app or a different app? Did this just start (or at least was just noticed) recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxS3lvkU71r
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using the regular phone app. I really haven't noticed before that this happened until last week when I went back to retrieve the messages from the 2 contacts that I was talking to. When I went into my contacts and looked at my recent, it shows I had text activity with those people on that date and time but the messages are gone. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

userxS3lvkU71r
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes everything is up to date, as a matter of fact my phone installed the new software update on Thursday. I haven't noticed any messages disappearing on Friday when my client text me but I took screen shots too just in case. 

Kim_1999
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just noticed that mine are doing the same thing.  This is NOT cool Samsung!

userN2vYBn6LRn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too very disappointed had very important messages on my phone that I need to save for ever

NitaBoo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All my text are disappearing since i did the update 2 weeks ago 

Galaxy S8 

Stacnuts
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had me and my boyfriend's entire conversation never deleted it and on  either the 15th 16th or 17th went to read something from last week and they are all gone except the messages from that day I habe no idea where they went or why and I really would like to get them back lol

userHwqTtO8gK4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get a reply to this and were you able to get the messages back.

The same thing has just happened to me.