JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My text messages doesn't continuously beep after latest update

(Topic created: 06-17-2019 03:33 PM)
userkbkdT1GtGh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the latest update on the Galaxy 8; my text message notification does not continue to beep; like it did before until I read the message.

Sometimes I don't hear the first alert; want the alert to continue until I read the message.

How can this be fixed please?

7 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have notification reminders turned on in your Messages settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkbkdT1GtGh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Everything is on...except emergency alerts.

Don't see reminders.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you using the stock messaging application that came installed on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkbkdT1GtGh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I am

0 Likes
Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there! 

Thank you for allowing me to research your concerns further. I have located the setting you are looking for.

Go to your Settings Menu > Search bar> Search for Notification Reminders> Enable the reminders.

From there it will allow you to set notification reminders to your preferences.

For future references and to help others, This setting has been moved to Accessibility Shortcuts menu.

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

userkbkdT1GtGh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you...was able to find the notifications and change it.

Working now for me.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userkbkdT1GtGh, You are very welcome!

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

0 Likes